Bumping Heads

I was at the first part of a multi cache today (Cambusdoon Capers GC17MNK). I had just found the film cannister when another family appeared, GPS in hand :) . Has this happened to anyone else?

Anyway, it was nice meating you (You know who you are :) ). Lovely dog too by the way.

Cheers.....Tackety Bits

I was at the first part of a multi cache today (Cambusdoon Capers GC17MNK). I had just found the film cannister when another family appeared, GPS in hand :) . Has this happened to anyone else?

Anyway, it was nice meating you (You know who you are :) ). Lovely dog too by the way.

Cheers.....Tackety Bits

Yes, many times. :)

I was at the first part of a multi cache today (Cambusdoon Capers GC17MNK). I had just found the film cannister when another family appeared, GPS in hand :blink: . Has this happened to anyone else?

Anyway, it was nice meating you (You know who you are :unsure: ). Lovely dog too by the way.

Cheers.....Tackety Bits

Cache in hand? A few times.

Met while searching? Loads of times! :huh:

We had our first FTF yesterday and it was quite exciting, looking over my shoulder all of the time to see if anyone was coming. Once found we went and hid out of sight while we opened it but then panicked a bit in case somebody came and started looking while we had the cache with us. We were spotted by another team leaving the car park afterwards but I think that's the closest it's been so far.

What are you supposed to do if you find it and somebody else approaches? Do they turn their backs or go for a little walk while you hide it again so they can look or just show them where it was and give them the cache when you are finished with it?

What are you supposed to do if you find it and somebody else approaches? Do they turn their backs or go for a little walk while you hide it again so they can look or just show them where it was and give them the cache when you are finished with it?

It's all down to personal choice. We met Lollybob this way on our very first cache and it was only their second week. They put the cache back and left it for us to find, though we were on the wrong side of the river at the time. :unsure:

They waited for us to cross over and find it and introduced themselves.

We also met Wicker and Charlie & the Wheelies this way as well. It's fun meeting up with other nutters cachers this way. :blink:

Only been caught cache in hand once when we had snaffled the cache from a fairly busy location and sat nearby to fill in the log. When we went to return it there was another couple searching the cache location. Well, we couldn't be the cause of a DNF, so we introduced ourselves and handed over the cache - they were looking in the right place anyway :unsure:

Edited by T.R.a.M.P.

Been caught cache-in-hand a few times, and caught other cachers a couple of times. Also met a few searching for cache several times. It's something I've noticed happen more on FTF dashes and recently published caches than trying to find well established caches, I suppose it's less common when all the local 'usual suspects' have found it.

With the FTF competition round here, its not unusual to see cachers! Happened to us several times! We've also bumped into a certain Mr Kewfriend at his own cache once, and obviously seen lots of cachers at caches when an event is being held nearby!

Met some newbie cachers at a cache site down near Gosport the other week - stopped to buy a coffee and bacon buttie at the cache site and had a natter, which was nice!