Garmin GPSMap 60csx - Keypad Lock ?

Hi,

Does anyone know if the GPSMap 60csx has a keypad lock function that locks the keypad and prevents the buttons from being pressed accidentally ?

Thanks,

Mark.

Haven't found it in two years of use!

Strumble,

Thanks for that. I've also just spoken with Garmin who have confirmed there is no keypad lock function so we can stop looking !

The chap on the phone at Garmin did agree to put the idea forward to their tech department for consideration in a future firmware release but I guess we shouldn't hold our breath.

Thanks,

Mark.

Strumble,

Thanks for that. I've also just spoken with Garmin who have confirmed there is no keypad lock function so we can stop looking !

The chap on the phone at Garmin did agree to put the idea forward to their tech department for consideration in a future firmware release but I guess we shouldn't hold our breath.

Thanks,

Mark.

I also think this feature could come in handy. After I found a cache the other day, I stuffed my 60CSx into my jacket pocket while I retrieved the container, signed the log, swapped TBs, etc. When I leaned over to re-hide the cache, the GPSr started beeping like crazy. When I took it out of my pocket to see what was going on, I discovered that about twelve new waypoints had been created (labeled 001, 002, 003...) by the buttons getting pressed inside my jacket pocket. No big deal, but a minor nuisance to delete the bogus waypoints.

And I've learned to stay away from the following scenario: Tell the unit to navigate off-road (in Geocaching mode), display the "Geocache Navigation" (compass) screen, and leave the "Found" button highlighted. Odds are, I'll wind up accidentally hitting the "Enter" key and claiming a find long before I even get to ground zero.

A keyboard lock feature would be great!

--Larry

Thanks Larry. Anyone else think this would be a good feature ? I'll give it a couple of days to see if anyone else replies and then forward the thread to Garmin in the hope they can include this functionality in a future firmware update.

Thanks,

Mark.

I also think this feature could come in handy. After I found a cache the other day, I stuffed my 60CSx into my jacket pocket while I retrieved the container, signed the log, swapped TBs, etc. When I leaned over to re-hide the cache, the GPSr started beeping like crazy. When I took it out of my pocket to see what was going on, I discovered that about twelve new waypoints had been created (labeled 001, 002, 003...) by the buttons getting pressed inside my jacket pocket. No big deal, but a minor nuisance to delete the bogus waypoints.

Larry said it best!

I don't know how many times I out my 60csx in my jacket pocket while doing all of the above. Except mine has also found caches while in my pocket!!! By the time I notice I missed'em, I'm already home....

If anyone at Garmin reads this A keypad lock would be exceptional!!!!

Thanks Larry. Anyone else think this would be a good feature ? I'll give it a couple of days to see if anyone else replies and then forward the thread to Garmin in the hope they can include this functionality in a future firmware update.

Thanks,

Mark.

I think this is a great idea, not only for the 60CSx, but for all of the units. This would come in handy on my GPSMAP76...