Unable to send caches to Colorado 400t

Hello,

I am brand-spanking new to geocaching. I have a Colorado 400t, and using the free 30 day premium membership offer, I have been trying to download caches to my unit, but when I click on send to GPS, and then click on write, not all of my caches are actually being sent. Actually, it seems as if every other cache that I follow this procedure with works, while the one in between will not transfer.

I have updated all of my software using updater.

I am running an Apple iMac with the latest version of Leopard.

I am connecting using a Belkin USB hub.

Thank you for any help I can get. Please let me know if more information is needed.

Sincerely,

Matt Leitzen

I have not had this issue but you may find it easier to run a pocket query for how ever many caches you want to download for an area(up to 500), then once you have he file drag and drop it into the GPX file on your Colorado. I only dothe single caches method when they are new and in an area I did a pocket query for a short time ago or only want a couple in an area like for a business trip. Hope this helps.

Edited by minnesotabrad

Hello,

I am brand-spanking new to geocaching. I have a Colorado 400t, and using the free 30 day premium membership offer, I have been trying to download caches to my unit, but when I click on send to GPS, and then click on write, not all of my caches are actually being sent. Actually, it seems as if every other cache that I follow this procedure with works, while the one in between will not transfer.

I have updated all of my software using updater.

I am running an Apple iMac with the latest version of Leopard.

I am connecting using a Belkin USB hub.

Thank you for any help I can get. Please let me know if more information is needed.

Sincerely,

Matt Leitzen

Hub huh, try it without the hub. It will work plugged directly into the keyboard.

Hello,

<snip>

I have been trying to download caches to my unit, but when I click on send to GPS, and then click on write, not all of my caches are actually being sent. Actually, it seems as if every other cache that I follow this procedure with works, while the one in between will not transfer.

<snip>

Sincerely,

Matt Leitzen

I think I read that one has to 'de-select' then 're-select' the "send to GPS" between each cache transfer.

Norm

Mine did the exact same thing. The Garmin Communicator does not always send the cache to the unit - it seems random. The same thing happens when I use "send to GPS" with my Rino. On my Colorado I started using Pocket Queries. Much simpler. If I could figure out how to send a pq to my Rino I'd be golden:)

Mine did the exact same thing. The Garmin Communicator does not always send the cache to the unit - it seems random. The same thing happens when I use "send to GPS" with my Rino. On my Colorado I started using Pocket Queries. Much simpler. If I could figure out how to send a pq to my Rino I'd be golden:)

I highly second the pocket query. Once you go to the pocket query and load up 500 caches without much work, you'll never go back.