Moab Kokopelli/Arch coin

KBsta

I just bought and received a wicked cool arched shaped coin w/ a Kokopelli on the front in multi glittered colors, and a Arch scene on the back.

I saw on the auction its a non-trackable collectors coin.

Now I am seeing the same coin on ebay WITH a tracking number and its got a cool gc icon?

Why are some made with numbers and some without????

I had no intentions of releasing this coin, but I kinda like "showing off" these in my inventory w/ the icon.

Bummer,

What are your comments, who else has this coin?

I love it! just kinda surprised.

7ecb_1.JPG

d71e_1.JPG

mine only says 2008 (under where the orange words say Follow the Journey) not the Geocaching.com,

the 2008 is in a silver border and all around is a black/silver border instead of the orange/black border shown in these images.

P.S, I "borrowed" these images from ebay, too lazy to dig out my camera right now, but I will if anyone wants to see my coin.

Edited by KBsta

I just bought and received a wicked cool arched shaped coin w/ a Kokopelli on the front in multi glittered colors, and a Arch scene on the back.

Now I am seeing the same coin on ebay WITH a tracking number and its got a cool gc icon?

It is not the same coin with and without the tracking number.

thecachingplace.com made these coins

The black nickel version (the one pictured in your post) is trackable)

The nickel version is not.

I haven't decided which one I like better. These are nice coins and I keep finding myself fondling them... yet another proof that I am a coinaholic...

Is yours black nickel or or nickel. The black nickel version is the trackable version.

If yours is black with orange lettering, like the coin pictured above (the black nickel version), and it does not have a tracking number, then something is wrong.

If it looks silver with black lettering (the nickel version), then it is the non-trackable coin.

Pictured below are the non-trackable and trackable versions of the Moab Kokopelli Geocoin.

3735c9d1-84bb-412b-9797-ed691deea4f9.jpg79e21a3f-1916-462a-8de4-3d3991625710.jpg

The Silver is the non-trackable version and the Black Nickel (shown with the icon) is the trackable version.

If someone on the "e" place sold you the silver version claiming it was trackable, then you have every right to return it for a full refund.

I was drilling and tagging one of the silver ones of these yesterday to release as a travel bug, and noticed that beneath the red enamel there are coordinates which to me look like N38° 34.406 W109° 32.955. I put those into Google Earth and it pointed to a spot in downtown Moab. Just curious, does anyone know if there's any significance to that location?

This is a beautiful coin... one of my favorites. Here are some larger pics of mine (it's the trackable version) that'll hopefully show some of the awesome detail. I'd suggest getting one if you see it at a fair price.

img_1749.jpg

img_1750.jpg