Who won the Jeep Contest?

Well, If we won, then they haven't told us yet.

We submitted 3 pictures during the contest, with the most work involving our 2nd one with the giant jeep TB. We assume the fact that it had our boys in it as one of the factors that may have impacted the result of it not winning.

When it came time to do another one, we thought about doing a jack-o-lantern with the jeep coming out of it. The more we thought about it, the more my wife wanted me to be more creative, so that's how I came up with the idea to carve a jeep out of the pumpkin. It was a little time consuming, but I think it turned out absolutely great.

We took it to a pumpkin patch, and they loved it also, but it was still daylight, and you can't really see the details as much during the day, so we decided not to use those pictures.

Then we went to a nearby park, where we wanted to put the jeep TB. The sun was setting, and the lighting was perfect (I say that like I actually know about lighting / photography)

We had no idea that we won one of the first prizes until I got the confirmation sheet in the mail. I was totally ecstatic. Then it took forever to get the Garmin GPSr & to actually see our post on the winning page.

But it was well worth it. I really love my new Garmin. It is different from the Magellan, but there are so many more features in it.

Once we saw the other pictures, we realized that we were very lucky to win the first prize. There are so many great photos.

As far as the Grand Prize, it would have been very cool to get that, but I'm totally ok if it's not meant to be.

We already have at least 2 ideas for pictures for next year, so we are looking forward to the next challenge.

One of the best things the contest has done is to get people out and about, and to actually get people to post their memories of their adventures that will be forever immortalized in print.

-Geo-Jenkins

Jim & Family