TerraServer DrawTerraMap Error

"Nessmuk"

I am getting an error message box when I click on create map in the zones area

There was an error using TerraServer The request failed with HTTP status 417: Expectation Failed

Also if I use edit online I can update my zone points and save the changes but when I exit the edit online screen I get a similar error message as the one above, only it says unhandled exception has occurred in your application. The request failed with HTTP status 417: Expectation Failed

I am using build

3/7/2008 10:18:32 AM

Is this where I report these issues?

Here is the error message I get when I try and exit the google maps area

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 417: Expectation Failed.

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at ZonesAuthor.ZonesSeirvice.ZonesService.GetBuilderZones(Guid CartridgeGuid)

at ZonesAuthor.ZObjects.frmZone.RetrieveZones(Guid recordId)

at ZonesAuthor.ZObjects.frmZone.btnEditOnline_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)

CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

WherigoBuilder

Assembly Version: 2.0.4907.3996

Win32 Version: 2.0.4907.3996

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Groundspeak/Wherigo/Builder/WherigoBuilder.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

ZonesFramework

Assembly Version: 1.0.2104.4260

Win32 Version: 1.0.2104.4260

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Groundspeak/Wherigo/Builder/ZonesFramework.DLL

StormSource.Gps

Assembly Version: 1.5.5000.4

Win32 Version: 1.5.5000.4

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Groundspeak/Wherigo/Builder/StormSource.Gps.DLL

System.Web.Services

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

lrdowjjo

Assembly Version: 2.0.4907.3996

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Your error has been logged in our bug system.

The only immediate help we can give you is that sometimes the Terra Maps Servers cannot be reached, and that you should wait and try again after some time has passed to edit your zone points with the 'Create from Map' button.

Thanks for taking the time to post!

J2B2

I get this error in several places on the zones tab, it seems any time I try to save any new zones changes is when it occurs. I can recreate this error 100% of the time. In fact I am unable to save any zone points after the y are created the first time. Could it by chance be a firewall issue or the like?

I get this error in several places on the zones tab, it seems any time I try to save any new zones changes is when it occurs. I can recreate this error 100% of the time. In fact I am unable to save any zone points after the y are created the first time. Could it by chance be a firewall issue or the like?

This sounds like a firewall problem. Are you doing this from work? The HTTP error, especially if it's consistent is being caused by something in your connection to the internet. It's possible your firewall has some settings that are preventing our browser from executing within the builder application.

David.

I have attempted to turn off all firewalls yet I still get the same error. Could the error be caused from having FireFox as my default browser?

It could be. We are going to remove TerraServer since it's so old and use Google Maps. Can you try and edit a zone using the Edit Online? This will open up Google Maps.

David.

This issue is unlikely to be caused by your firewall, but might be caused by the use of a proxy server. According to the HTTP protocol specs, proxy servers are entitled to reject a request if they believe the expectations in the header cannot be met, either by the proxy itself or by other servers downstream. They do so by returning status 417, and without sending the request on to the target server.

Also, proper support of the HTTP "expect" header requires the use of HTTP 1.1.

Make sure have selected HTTP 1.1 support in your browser (whether it's FireFox or IE). In IE, from the Tools menu, select Internet Options. Click the Advanced tab. Scroll down to the section about HTTP 1.1 and check the appropriate boxes. Click OK all the way out. Not sure where to find this in FF.

If you are allowed to do so, disable any proxy servers that might be involved in your Internet connection path. In IE, from the Tools menu, select Internet Options. Click on the Connections tab. At the bottom, click the LAN Settings button. In the resulting dialog, clear all the automatic configuration checkboxes as well as the use proxy check box. Click OK all the way out. Not sure where to find this in FF.

If this does not solve the problem, it's unlikely that you're going to be able to solve it on your own.

I have attempted to turn off all firewalls yet I still get the same error. Could the error be caused from having FireFox as my default browser?

It could be. We are going to remove TerraServer since it's so old and use Google Maps. Can you try and edit a zone using the Edit Online? This will open up Google Maps.

David.

So if i had Firefox or Opera as main browser, it wouldnt work, cause the Edit online button is greyed out because of that?