Colorado memory

I'm still kicking a round the idea of buying a Colorado 400t but I'm curious as to how much internal memory the units have. I checked Garmin's web-site and under specs it says "Internal memory...Yes", well Duh! How much though?

Does the Colorado 300 and 400t have the same amount of internal memory and also can the internal memory be used for storing maps, waypoints etc or is it designed for something else. I know there is an SD slot but I was wondering what Garmin will let the internal memory be used for.

Thanks for the help!

I'm still kicking a round the idea of buying a Colorado 400t but I'm curious as to how much internal memory the units have. I checked Garmin's web-site and under specs it says "Internal memory...Yes", well Duh! How much though?

Does the Colorado 300 and 400t have the same amount of internal memory and also can the internal memory be used for storing maps, waypoints etc or is it designed for something else. I know there is an SD slot but I was wondering what Garmin will let the internal memory be used for.

Thanks for the help!

300's have about 512MB and 400s either have 3GB or 4GB depending on which you are lucky enough to get. Recent reports seem to indicate most of the new units have 4GB but there were some with 3GB.

FAQ linked in my signature has details on the 300 vs. 400.

GO$Rs

Wow, 512MB vs 3 or 4 GB, that's a big difference. Wonder why the change from 3 to 4 gig in the 400t, it sounds like Garmin may have ticked some people off by giving some 3 gig and others 4 gig.

I'm assuming the internal memory can be used for storing maps? Can routes, waypoints and geocaches also be stored on the internal memory or is it just for something like maps?

OK, one more question, the limit of 2000 geocaches stored on the Colorado, is that really 2000 waypoints TOTAL or is that 2000 geocaches plus any waypoints that you may have such as your home, work, vacation spots, etc?

Thanks again for the help!

I'm assuming the internal memory can be used for storing maps? Can routes, waypoints and geocaches also be stored on the internal memory or is it just for something like maps?

OK, one more question, the limit of 2000 geocaches stored on the Colorado, is that really 2000 waypoints TOTAL or is that 2000 geocaches plus any waypoints that you may have such as your home, work, vacation spots, etc?

Internal memory can be used for maps, waypoints, tracks, routes, geocaches.

2000 is the limit on geocaches. Waypoints have a separate 1000 point limit.

GO$Rs

Wow, 512MB vs 3 or 4 GB, that's a big difference. Wonder why the change from 3 to 4 gig in the 400t, it sounds like Garmin may have ticked some people off by giving some 3 gig and others 4 gig.

They provide the larger memory on the 400T for the topo map that they load. I think that when that is on there you have less memory than the 300 left over. I think that is what I have seen other posts. I ended up getting a 300 and got my own sd cards. Fry's had 4GB SDHC cards on say for $14 after rebate. I have a lot of maps so I loaded NT and Topos for most of NA on one (I say most of topos because there is an issue with how many map segments that you can have.... not a memory thing). The other I have loaded up with Europe stuff.

They provide the larger memory on the 400T for the topo map that they load. I think that when that is on there you have less memory than the 300 left over. I think that is what I have seen other posts. I ended up getting a 300 and got my own sd cards. Fry's had 4GB SDHC cards on say for $14 after rebate. I have a lot of maps so I loaded NT and Topos for most of NA on one (I say most of topos because there is an issue with how many map segments that you can have.... not a memory thing). The other I have loaded up with Europe stuff.

If you get a 400t with 3GB you'll have about 150MB of internal memory left over compared to around 380MB for the 300. If you get a 400t with 4GB of memory you'll have over 1GB of internal free memory.

I know I sound like a broken record, but its in the FAQ->General Information.

GO$Rs

If you get a 400t with 3GB you'll have about 150MB of internal memory left over compared to around 380MB for the 300. If you get a 400t with 4GB of memory you'll have over 1GB of internal free memory.

I know I sound like a broken record, but its in the FAQ->General Information.

GO$Rs

I am upset now

Here in UK the only option is the 300 which I have now bought Thinking it was the most suitable for UK

I made the mistake once of buying the wrong GPSmap 60 CS It had the pacific base map not the Atlantic for Europe So Now I buy the right unit for the Country It seems this time I did not need to as it is a WORLD basemap DOH

I would have liked the 400 with the extra 4gb mem

Why on earth do Garmin think in the UK we do not want topo I had to buy the Topo map an extra £100

Surely they could have done a 400 with Topo GB and let us choose wether to pay the extra for the 400 I would have done may be I am sad