Yet another CO Question (new owner)

I am sorry if this has already been asked, I searched for them but couldn't find anything. :anitongue:

1. When setting up the Colorado for geocaching, what should the Map datum & Map spheroid be set too (I currently have none/WGS84 respectively)

2. Is there a way to add a owned by tag on the startup screen as with GPSmap 60Cx.

Thanks for any help you may provide

2. Is there a way to add a owned by tag on the startup screen as with GPSmap 60Cx.

What I did is make an .jpg image of my info and loaded it into the image viewer.

I did the same. I used MS Paint to add my name, address, and phone# in text on a white background.jpg 240x400 pixel so it would lighten up the screen a bit.

1. When setting up the Colorado for geocaching, what should the Map datum & Map spheroid be set too (I currently have none/WGS84 respectively)

So this has always made me wonder.....

What do the 2 different settings do? "Spheroid" and "Datum" mean the same thing in cartography, don't they?? So why two settings and what do they do differently? Anybody know?

A spheroid (or ellipsoid) is a three dimensional model of the earth's shape (geoid) created from a two dimensional ellipse. A datum is built on a spheroid and incorporates more localized elevation differences that the more regular spheroid model doesn't take into account.

In the case of the Colorado and WGS84 I think it would be more correct if the datum was WGS84 and the spheroid was also WGS84 (I think the WGS84 datum references an ellipsoid of the same name, it used to be GRS80 but has since been modified)

GO$Rs