Who changed the link to Mapquest

Danbike_Lizbike

I used to be able to click on the mapquest link on a cache page and go directly to a map. That appears to have been changed. Anyone know how to get the old functionality back?

The MapQuest link was changed by.... MapQuest!

They usually ask me before doing things like this. :anitongue:

Just change 'www' to 'atlas' and it should work. I'm sure GC is working on updating the pages, even as we speak. Or maybe after the weekend. <_<

Thanks you. Now it works like it used to.

Dan

I used to be able to click on the mapquest link on a cache page and go directly to a map. That appears to have been changed. Anyone know how to get the old functionality back?

They usually ask me before doing things like this. :anitongue:

Just change 'www' to 'atlas' and it should work. I'm sure GC is working on updating the pages, even as we speak. Or maybe after the weekend. <_<

They usually ask me before doing things like this. :D

Just change 'www' to 'atlas' and it should work. I'm sure GC is working on updating the pages, even as we speak. Or maybe after the weekend. B)

Howdy......

Exactly where do I /we make this change.....

Vern / Foothills Drifter... :unsure:

The first word at the beginning of the link to the Mapquest map has to be changed to read http://atlas.mapquest........ instead of http://www.mapquest.......

Hope that helps. And hope they fix the links. A lot of times the Google map doesn't have the detail and the Mapquest map does.

Edited by Cydriver

Howdy......

I know WHAT to do......I just don't know WHERE EXACTLY to do it :unsure: (to make it permanent)

THANKX!

Vern / Foothills Drifter... :D

Uh, this is not a permanent fix. That just what needs to be done to the URL to get it to work for now. Just go up to the location bar, and change 'www' to 'atlas' and hit enter. A permanent fix will have to be done by the Groundspeak coders.

And before anyone asks, yes I could write a GM script to do this, but since this should be fixed fairly quickly, it doesn't seem worth the effort.

Howdy......

I know WHAT to do......I just don't know WHERE EXACTLY to do it :unsure: (to make it permanent)

THANKX!

Vern / Foothills Drifter... :D

Uh, this is not a permanent fix. That just what needs to be done to the URL to get it to work for now. Just go up to the location bar, and change 'www' to 'atlas' and hit enter. A permanent fix will have to be done by the Groundspeak coders.

And before anyone asks, yes I could write a GM script to do this, but since this should be fixed fairly quickly, it doesn't seem worth the effort.

Howdy......

THANKX!

I will endure until it's fixed.

Vern / Foothills Drifter... B)

Edited by Foothills Drifter