On the CO, would not it be cool to...

BiT

On the CO, would not it be cool to if you could turn off the topographic lines and just have the DEM shading?

For a sample, zoom in or out one level, there will be a short delay where the DEM shading is present and no topographic lines are yet drawn. Is that cool or what?

On the CO, would not it be cool to if you could turn off the topographic lines and just have the DEM shading?

For a sample, zoom in or out one level, there will be a short delay where the DEM shading is present and no topographic lines are yet drawn. Is that cool or what?

Buy City Nav! I guess it isn't quite the same but you do just see the road information and DEM and it looks very similar.

GO$Rs

Buy City Nav! I guess it isn't quite the same but you do just see the road information and DEM and it looks very similar.

GO$Rs

I have CN how do you get the DEM on it?

I have CN how do you get the DEM on it?

If you have both Topo and CN loaded and enabled it should show up. If you have a 400t its just a matter of downloading CN from Mapsource. If you have a 300 you'll need to create a map img file with both Topo and CN in Mapsource.

GO$Rs

08c6bb5b-6f89-4482-9e34-dfa594fe13b3.jpg

Yep, you learn something new all the time. I never have tried CN and Topo at the same time.

You can show both CN and TOPO at the same time? Is this a new thing with the Colorado or have I just been unaware of the fact with older units?

Yep, you learn something new all the time. I never have tried CN and Topo at the same time.

You can show both CN and TOPO at the same time? Is this a new thing with the Colorado or have I just been unaware of the fact with older units?

You aren't really seeing CN and TOPO at the same time, you are seeing a shaded relief of CN using the DEM data contained in the Topo maps. That is new with the Colorado.

GO$Rs

Edited by g-o-cashers

You aren't really seeing CN and TOPO at the same time, you are seeing a shaded relief of CN using the DEM data contained in the Topo maps. That is new with the Colorado.

GO$Rs

Thanks. That's what it looks like in the pic. Good to know I'm not as far out there as I might be.

GO$Rs

I believe that the zumo also reads TOPO data into City Navigator. I would love to test the DEM basemap on the zumo if someone would like to share their gmapbmap.img file with me.

Cheers,

When you have City Navigator and the DEM data (i.e., topo 2008 active), the screen is harder to see. Normally I use City Nav and my custom topo maps without the shadding to make it easier to see. When I need the shading, I turn on the topo maps (while the map does not show since City nav covers it, the shading shows through). The point is if you turn off the topo maps, it is easier to see the screen.