Player Release 03/07/08

OpinioNate

Build 2.0.4907.4007

Instructions:

1. Copy cab file to the pocket pc
  2. Click on the cab file on the pocket pc to install

The following fixes have been made in the current release:

• GetDeviceId fails for a pocket pc that has an OS that doesn't support the call. Code changed to create a deviceid for these pocket pcs. Certain devices such as the MIO 201 don't support a function call made in the Wherigo player.
  • Allow manual setting of the gps port and create a menu for gps settings on the main window. If the device detection fails, the user will be asked if they want to go to the manual gps settings page. Here, the user can specify, auto detect or a comm port/baud rate. The user can then test the settings. If the settings work, the user can press ok and the settings will be saved to a wigconfig.config.xml file on the device in \Program Files\Groundspeak\Wherigo\Player.
  • The engine had custom script execution that would override setting of task, zone, character and cartridge attributes. If an author created task, zone, cartridge or character functions such as When a zone state changes, then the zone state would not get set because the script in the engine would override the authors code.

As with the builder release, these are some fairly large changes so please keep an eye out for bugs. Thanks!

Just had a quick play and ran the cartridge I'm working on through the new builder and it fell over on an input event that still existed despite previously having deleted the input. I recreated the input (the error message identified it) and deleted the event, rebuilt the cartridge and all was well. :anitongue:

The new player works better too on my MDA Vario 3. I manually set my GPS com and baud rate and I got a consistent 3 bars "indoors" in my (polycarbonate) conservatory, so should be even better outdoors.

Thanks for the fixes! <_<