Mitac Mio P350/550 2400mAh Battery

There have been many posts regarding Mios with short battery lives. Has anyone tried the 2400 high capacity batteries being sold on Ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2400mAh-HIGH-BATTERY...1QQcmdZViewItem

They do look a bit fatter than a standard one so may not fit in the car cradle. I assume the standard one is about 1250mAh so should give a lot longer life. They are about 12 quid with postage.

Two thoughts...

• There is quite a lot of extra space at the back of the (standard) cradle, I've always assumed this is accomodate larger batteries
  • I've read reports of these "cheap" extended batteries being hardly any better than the standard one in terms of capacity.

I dont have a P350 but a Mio A701 and the extended battery from ebay for that is fantastic for caching. It is bigger but more than double the capacity (and hence memory map hours) The downside is no it doesnt fit in the car cradle. Easily solved though, I turn off and swap back to the standard battery if I need TomTom for the journey home. Or a passenger holds the A701 for the journey!