Geocaching in Banff

Agito

Hi,

I will visit Banff on coming Easter for geocaching and skiing. As for skiing, Sunshine Village ,Lake Louise and Mount Norquay should have a good slope. Because of heavy snow, some of the geocaches should not be accessed. Please kindly recommend some geocaches for me, especially on Sunshine Village ,Lake Louise and Mount Norquay, which should not be missed.

Happy Geocaching!

Cheers.

I will visit Banff on coming Easter for geocaching and skiing. As for skiing, Sunshine Village ,Lake Louise and Mount Norquay should have a good slope. Because of heavy snow, some of the geocaches should not be accessed. Please kindly recommend some geocaches for me, especially on Sunshine Village ,Lake Louise and Mount Norquay, which should not be missed.

Hi Agito.

There are no caches at the ski resorts as they are private property. There are not a lot of caches in the area, as it is all a National Park. Caches in National Parks were illegal until recently and not many have been added since they became legal as it is somewhat complicated to get them approved.

There are a few caches in Banff and Lake Louise Townships. and a few others on hiking trails. Really, there is nothing bad and there are not that many around, so you could do most of them.

I have not personally done a lot of caching in the National Parks, so I might not be the best to ask. I would suggest asking at the local forums as there should be people there that have done all of them.

http://forums.calgarycachers.net/

Hi Agito.

There are no caches at the ski resorts as they are private property. There are not a lot of caches in the area, as it is all a National Park. Caches in National Parks were illegal until recently and not many have been added since they became legal as it is somewhat complicated to get them approved.

There are a few caches in Banff and Lake Louise Townships. and a few others on hiking trails. Really, there is nothing bad and there are not that many around, so you could do most of them.

I have not personally done a lot of caching in the National Parks, so I might not be the best to ask. I would suggest asking at the local forums as there should be people there that have done all of them.

http://forums.calgarycachers.net/

Thanks a lot Red90.

That's why, most of the caches around Banff are in virtual style.

Thank you.

Just as a side note.... The Banff Nat. Park manager is not too keen on geocaching during the interm policy. As the park is already stretched to its limits with the #'s of visitors and trail use. As far as I know, the NP at this time is not allowing cachew within its boundaries with the exception of the townsites as they are not administered by Parks Canada.

That's why, only a few caches are located at the towncentre and some of them are virtual caches too. Luckily, my flight will be transited in the Vancouver. Hopefully, I can have more spare time to work on it.

Thank you so much.

Enjoy Geocaching.