at&t tilt (htc 8925/tytn II/kiaser)

jeepin_idaho

I'm using the at&t tilt which runs on windows mobile 6 and has a built in gps chip. the program loads just fine and and runs perfect. but it never acquires a gps signal. i've tried running the do anywhere cartridge and it allows me to get to where i put on the space suit and then doesn't let me progress any farther because my "gps signal is weak" and says i need to move around to get a better signal. but if i open up google maps or beeline gps it shows i have a strong gps signal. any idea why i'm getting this problem? :huh:

I get exactly the same on my MDA Vario 3 (Kaiser PPC) running WM6. So any ideas on how to solve this issue would be gratefully received!

I'm toying with the idea of trying to connect a bluetooth GPS and see if that helps.

This is a great bit of software, and I'm really looking forward to getting it working.

I get exactly the same on my MDA Vario 3 (Kaiser PPC) running WM6. So any ideas on how to solve this issue would be gratefully received!

I'm toying with the idea of trying to connect a bluetooth GPS and see if that helps.

This is a great bit of software, and I'm really looking forward to getting it working.

Try the bluetooth. My experience with the Tilt and the built in GPS is that it is pretty weak. You could also download some other gps software that shows the details of the signal (number of satellites and other detail info).

David.

Try the bluetooth. My experience with the Tilt and the built in GPS is that it is pretty weak. You could also download some other gps software that shows the details of the signal (number of satellites and other detail info).

David.

Thanks. I tried my bluetooth GPS and it works fine - full signal strength and no drop-outs at all. The Player is so much better now the GPS settings can be manually entered.

Memory-map satellite info does show the signal dropping in and out on the internal GPS.