Cache you gotta do!

SweetSassyPants

I am so excited about this new cache we just logged that I really, really want to spread the word about it's magnificentness. It's gonna need word spreading, too, because it's out located away from civilization out on the Darrington prairie, but it is hands down one of the most well done caches I've ever done.

Put it on your radar, you wont be disappointed.

Cool Cache

((Pyewacket, you're gonna LOVE the view!!))

That cache was FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!!! Mom said that it took over a year to craft. I can tell because it was so high quality in every way shape and form. I am so glad I did that cache. It has raised the bar for every cache from here on out. I see he raised the difficulty to 4 star. But its really a 5. Not because its a lame micro hidden in the woods with endless possibilities, but because its so evil genius. Everything is right in front of you, including the ammo can. The cache is BRILLIANT!!!

(Pyewacket you are going to LOVE Mom!!)

Just in case you don't think we have caches out here in the country, I have compiled a bookmark of basically stop and grabs on the way to the Air of your ways. This list will grow with time as I finally have started placing the caches that have been in the back of mind for a while now. That happen to be on the way to it.

On the way to Air of your ways.

Quick edit to add that as of right now there is still a FTF up for grabs on that bookmark.

Edited by Harriet the Spy

Yes we know about cache of the month. When I went to nominate it, the cache was not able to be nominated. Something about being in its database. And also I would wager that a good portion of cachers don't belong to the WSGA or look at the cache of the month or their nominees. In fact I doubt most members pay attention to it all, judging from the voting history of caches. But this thread is not about cache of the month. Its about an awesome cache, in a little corner of the world that would make any cacher who finds it incredibly happy!

Yes we know about cache of the month. When I went to nominate it, the cache was not able to be nominated. Something about being in its database. And also I would wager that a good portion of cachers don't belong to the WSGA or look at the cache of the month or their nominees. In fact I doubt most members pay attention to it all, judging from the voting history of caches. But this thread is not about cache of the month. Its about an awesome cache, in a little corner of the world that would make any cacher who finds it incredibly happy!

Wait a day or two for the database to be updated.

I just got an email from the owner. He said that the cache cost him around $300 dollars to construct. Which I completely believe. All the things that you can't see must be expensive. He also stated that he is changing the combo today, so Sassy and I won't even be any help. If you are traveling from far away I would email him first and ask for what he gave me for a shove. It in no way ruins the cache, it only gives you a starting point, without revealing anything. Sassy had my hint, and she still thinks the cache is awesome. It was in fact the PERFECT hint!

My ears are burning. ;)

Well, ya coulda shoulda taken me with ya! I wish I weren't just a wee bit too far from you gals to go on your jaunts...you have SO much fun! I'm working on moving north of here, but I don't know how far, and I fear it's going to take a while. I looked at your pics on the cache page, Harriet...Sassy, you're right, I LOVE the view, and pics never capture the real splendor.

Thanks for thinkin' 'bout me. :laughing:

((Pyewacket, you're gonna LOVE the view!!))

I do!

View.jpg

Lotsa clouds, but still absolutely breathtaking!

(Pyewacket you are going to LOVE Mom!!)

I do!

Mom.jpg

What a SWEET woman! I told her she was becoming famous. She gushed about you two. :anibad:

Now that I've mentioned "breathtaking" and "gushed"...

Feets.jpg

This is what my feetses looked like earlier in the day after I waded through the stream at Et Tu, Flutay, found today on...wait for it...the Ides of March. :o

That water, just moments after it was snow, was take-your-breath-away-make-you-almost-pee-your-pants-numbing-to-the-point-you-can't-feel-your-feet-or-the-stones-or the-blackberry-brambles-on-the-other-side COLD! And then I slogged through the mud, gushing it between my toeses, to get back to the car. But ya know what? I had a blast! Expect a long log on this one, as well as the cache ya gotta do. :o

Ya ya ya, I can count. I'm suspicious by nature but that's just me.

It's probably nothing and I bet it also has nothing to do with the 40+ new members that joined w/i the last couple of days?? Ya nothing at all.

And I am sure that of those 40 new memberships, with at least 95% of them sock accounts both on GC.com and Washington State Geocaching have nothing to do it. How can you have a fair voting, when the majority of the people voting aren't real.

If anything I would expect Air of your ways to lose to the awesome Land that Time Forgot, or For the Birds, excellent caches in their own right, not an archived cache that has only been found 8 times and active for 2 days before the owner Geocided. My spy senses are tingling...

Well... it seems Right Wing Wacko is already 20 steps ahead of me and has the whole thing under control. Your rock RWW!!!!

Yep, we're on it. The hard part will be coming up with a solution that doesn't make everyone mad <_<

When the contest took place in the forums, peer pressure prevented sock puppet voting. Now that votes are secret....

I've emailed WeightMan and jcar. as they are the official moderators of the COTM contest and we'll do our best to come up with a solution asap.

If anything I would expect Air of your ways to lose to the awesome Land that Time Forgot, or For the Birds, excellent caches in their own right, not an archived cache that has only been found 8 times and active for 2 days before the owner (archived it).

Ditto. All three of these caches are richly deserving of COTM status, and I hope will win in coming months. I just did The Land That Time Forgot as well as the other new Navigatorz' caches at Lake Lenore yesterday, and they are awesome!

Edited by hydnsek

I gotta get up there one of these days.

... Mountain Loop is open, and the views are GORGEOUS! ... [/url]

Mountain Loop may be open but you cannot get through unless you have a very high clearance vehicle. Some where about a half a mile or so from Barlow pass we came right smack into a foot plus of snow on the road and a small tree was also parking part of the road. I'm sure the the amount of run off we saw it will only take another week or so before it is clear.