Missing Caches found

This is what was found at one of my caches (GC187PJ) the other day. There were 11 caches besides mine left there. This was so strange that I thought I would share it here to see if anyone has seen this before. Most of them went missing 2 years ago. They were all completely intact complete with logbooks, swag, and TB's. I am not sure how to place a picture here so you will have to view the cache page.

bpp_picnic

It would be interesting to cross-reference the last log dates on all of them and see if there was any correlation. I have a hard time believing it would be a muggle that went to the trouble of finding 11 separate caches, then finding yours and depositing all of them there.

Definitely a weird situation. I bet the owners of those caches are happy to see them!

Cache Pirates, maybe? I think I'd try contacting the previous owners, as possible, to see what they want to do with the containers and contents.

But that really is bizarre.

[edit to add:] Keep us posted on what you find out about this mystery!

Edited by PJPeters

How about giving us the waypoints of these caches so we can all play detective! ;)

Already there. :laughing: Not anywhere in the thread, but on the cache page, the CO talks about the suspect signing the logs as "The Wongs". There is such a username, but they have invalidated their account, so you can't get to their profile from a username lookup. I do know you can modify a URL to get to someones profile by username. I just don't remember how to do it. ;)

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

Wow how cool, maybe they did not really understand the whole geocaching idea to take only one item inside not the whole cache and when they figured it out they like your location so much they dropped all the other cache containers off with you.

It's like that alien crop circle thing!

Here is some more info on the caches. They all seem to have been within 10 miles of the cache and all in NJ. Most of them had a log entry from someone calling themselves the “Wongs”. Things like “Don’t mess with the Wongs!” “The Wongs take you cache’, “Beware of Wongs we mess with your cache” etc. The owners of the larger containers are picking them up. Here is the list of caches and TB’s. GCMH57 GCK38D GCJJPR GCN46T GCN46M GCN16F GCRWYD GCPZZR GCNWY8 GCRPQ5 GCPZYB and TBBB49 TBG4YT TBJFKG TBM3CG TBMGRQ TBJY1X TBB303 TBGM9G

Here is some more info on the caches. They all seem to have been within 10 miles of the cache and all in NJ. Most of them had a log entry from someone calling themselves the “Wongs”. Things like “Don’t mess with the Wongs!” “The Wongs take you cache’, “Beware of Wongs we mess with your cache” etc. The owners of the larger containers are picking them up. Here is the list of caches and TB’s. GCMH57 GCK38D GCJJPR GCN46T GCN46M GCN16F GCRWYD GCPZZR GCNWY8 GCRPQ5 GCPZYB and TBBB49 TBG4YT TBJFKG TBM3CG TBMGRQ TBJY1X TBB303 TBGM9G

It's interesting that one of those travel bugs was last tracked on 11/17/2007, but the other 7 hadn't been tracked since early 2006.

It's interesting that one of those travel bugs was last tracked on 11/17/2007, but the other 7 hadn't been tracked since early 2006.

That one happens to be someone I know and what he did was make a copy of a coin that he has in his collection. I found the copy but he also lets people disover the real coin when he is at events. That one threw me too!

Reminds me of the film "The Wanderers". There was a gang in it called "The Wongs" and their motto was "Don't F with the Wongs". Hmmm.... sounds like somebody's idea of a joke that didn't garner the attention they intended and so they got bored and went away.

In high school we kidnapped someone's little smurf doll and held it for ransom (complete with note made from cut-out letters pasted together and grainy video tape.) The guy didn't play along (200 green m&m's was the ransom) and so the whole thing wasn't any fun. We ended up giving back the doll.

Wow how cool, maybe they did not really understand the whole geocaching idea to take only one item inside not the whole cache and when they figured it out they like your location so much they dropped all the other cache containers off with you.

Well, one of my NJ geo-buddies, who happens to be quite active on this forum, advised me via phone the other day that ALL of the missing caches were from southern NJ, just over the PA border into NJ. If this is true, I must wonder if perhaps the missing caches had been originally hidden in the Pine Barrens, and particularly, if they had been located near Ong's Hat in the Pine Barrens, for that "town" has a reputation for all kinds of strange goings-on, particularly all kinds of purported time-space warps. Better yet, there are plenty of conspiracy theories which link Nazi activity to Ong's Hat as well, and so we can finally say that this thread has met the requirements of Godwin's Law.

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

Well, one of my NJ geo-buddies, who happens to be quite active on this forum, advised me via phone the other day that ALL of the missing caches were from southern NJ, just over the PA border into NJ. If this is true, I must wonder if perhaps the missing caches had been originally hidden in the Pine Barrens, and particularly, if they had been located near Ong's Hat in the Pine Barrens, for that "town" has a reputation for all kinds of strange goings-on, particularly all kinds of purported time-space warps. Better yet, there are plenty of conspiracy theories which link Nazi activity to Ong's Hat as well, and so we can finally say that this thread has met the requirements of Godwin's Law.

Sounds more like the "Philadelphia Expirament" to me.

Edited by gustav129