Women's hiking pants?

imajeep

Here's a question from my better half: Does anyone make a decent pair of women's hiking pants? By 'decent', she means hiking pants that actually have pockets and are proportioned for women. She doesn't care for most women's hiking pants, because they don't have many pockets--she feels they are made for show and not for go. So, she has been buying men's hiking pants, but she hates the fit.

Have any of the women here found a pair of hiking pants that fit, and that have enough pockets to actually carry stuff? Thanks.

Edited by imajeep

My wife has the same problem. She doesn't want convertible pants, she doesn't want cotton and she doesn't want capris and it seems nearly all womens hiking pants are at least one of those. She has found pants made by Columbia and Ex Officio but she had to look hard for them and being hiking pants they aren't exactly what you call figure flattering.

Check rei.com. They have pages of womens hiking pants. Same with Sierratradingpost.com, lots of choices there at pretty good prices. Perhaps you can find something between those two sites.

My wife has the same problem. She doesn't want convertible pants, she doesn't want cotton and she doesn't want capris and it seems nearly all womens hiking pants are at least one of those. She has found pants made by Columbia and Ex Officio but she had to look hard for them and being hiking pants they aren't exactly what you call figure flattering.

Check rei.com. They have pages of womens hiking pants. Same with Sierratradingpost.com, lots of choices there at pretty good prices. Perhaps you can find something between those two sites.

Thanks. Like the quotes on your stationery. Also like the avatar. My wife and I have 'Life is Good' T-shirts with the same icon and the phrase "Not all who wander are lost".

Thanks. Like the quotes on your stationery. Also like the avatar. My wife and I have 'Life is Good' T-shirts with the same icon and the phrase "Not all who wander are lost".

Yeah, I wanted that shirt but they didn't sell it in XXL. I guess they figured there were no fat hikers.