Colorado: Cannot delete saved tracks?

toddm

Hey guys, as per another thread I tried uploading more than 20 tracks using mapsource to the Colorado and it worked.

The problem is, I can't get rid of them now, I tried looking in the archive etc. folders and for .gpx files but there's nothing with those tracks in them. I tried a hard and soft reset, still there, they have the right track data.

Even more interesting is if I connect to mapsource and try to get the tracks back from the unit, it says there are no tracks but the current track.

Nope doesn't work, First of all, the only thing I have in the Garmin/GPX folder is:

Current.gpx and Position.gpx and neither of those files contain the tracks I uploaded.

I even tried replacing all files on the unit with a backup, no luck, still there

The unit still sees the track data, I can pull them up, but I can't even get mapsource to see them if I try to download tracks from the unit.

I read the manual. If you think that's the issue I'm having, you did not understand my post, so don't go throwing around RTFM. First of all I'm pretty sure a hard and soft reset would do a current track clear. In addition, my problem was not with the current track at all but saved tracks downloaded to the unit.

Interestingly it seems to be tied to using an Windows shell under Mac. I think it may have something to do with how the program handles bringing the gps into and more importantly out of the XP shell.

Basically if I delete the files in XP then "disconnect" the gps from XP so it then by default shows up in the Mac OS, then eject it from the mac, it does not work. It's like the unit defaults back to it's old files when done that way that it initially backs up when it first connects to the computer.

If I Just hook the gps up to the mac and delete them from Mac and eject it, the deletion holds.

Edited by toddm

Could this be the same Mac issue that Marky (I think) mentioned in another thread? I think the Mac created some sort of hidden Trash directory on the CO. When GPX files were deleted they were moved to this hidden directory, not actually deleted. The CO was still picking them up and loading them.

Here's the link.

GO$Rs

Edited by g-o-cashers

Could this be the same Mac issue that Marky (I think) mentioned in another thread? I think the Mac created some sort of hidden Trash directory on the CO. When GPX files were deleted they were moved to this hidden directory, not actually deleted. The CO was still picking them up and loading them.

Here's the link.

GO$Rs

Trash the files, then empty the trash before disconnect, correct?

Norm

Hey guys, as per another thread I tried uploading more than 20 tracks using mapsource to the Colorado and it worked.

The problem is, I can't get rid of them now, I tried looking in the archive etc. folders and for .gpx files but there's nothing with those tracks in them. I tried a hard and soft reset, still there, they have the right track data.

Even more interesting is if I connect to mapsource and try to get the tracks back from the unit, it says there are no tracks but the current track.

I had exactly the same problem, I called Garmin and they had know idea how to fix it so they logged it to be fixed. There was other problems and I ended up with a replacement unit so now I know not to use mapsource to transfer tracks. I'm running windows vista on a pc. good luck.