Premier Geocoin Race III

Shilo

Standings are updated :D

weldor(1st, 3rd), ~tasia~(2nd, 9th) and dflye(6th, 10th) all have 2 top 10 leaders in mileage. Good job racers.

dflye(T-3rd, T-6th) and merkman(2nd, T-6th) have 2 top 10 leaders in different geocachers.

And dflye started a week late...must be his racers :D

Winter slows geocoin racer movements

Feb 1, 2009 -- With 3 and a half months left in PGR III, a huge winter storm dumped enormous amounts of snow and ice on the mid section of the US as racer movements have almost come to a standstill. Movement of racers in warmer climates are doing ok.

Weldor's racer, Weldor's Alvin's Phone Line PGR Racer #1, still retains the lead with a big jump from South Wales to Virgina(3,545 miles) on Jan 24, 2009. Weldor's leading racer has been in the lead since early June of 2008.

On the different geocacher's side of the race ~tasia~'s racer, PGR III - Tequila Sunrise GeoJellies 3 Racing Coin, has a 1 geocacher lead over merkman's racer Merkman's - San Diego PGR III Racer. ~tasia~ leads 22-21.

To see the standings by mileage, geocachers and by owner name, go to the PGR III website here.

Good luck racers :laughing:

News and happenings of the PGR

Feb 1, 2009 -- The PGR website is moving!!! What does this mean to you? Really nothing. The domain(http://www.premiergeocoinrace.net/) will remain the same but in early April I am moving the site to a new server. I could no longer afford the rental charge of where the site is now and my service expires in April. So I have struck a deal for a much more manageable rate. The only issue you have to worry about is the site might not be available the first week in April for a few days. I will keep you posted here as the time approaches.

PGR IV is in the works!! Get your racer idea's ready and watch for an announcement soon. I'm working with another cacher to add some fun to the fourth version of the PGR along with this years mileage and different geocacher races. Geowoodstock may play a role in the start of this years race as it is close to me. Keep your eyes pealed for more details as they become available.

That is it for now. :laughing:

I'm making plans for PGRIV and was thinking of using Geowoodstock 7 as a starting point.

The pros:

-Lots of geocachers so racers won't be spread out by only 20 or so cachers.

-Cachers would be from all over the world.

-The event is 3 and a half hours away from my house.

The cons:

-GW7 is a huge event.

-It's a very large event and racers could and probably would get lost or not logged at all.

-There's a chance I won't be able to make the 3.5 hour trip because of my work schedule vs. an event closer to home.

Any thoughts or idea's?? Let's hear them!!

Well the trackable mileage update thingy is broke again. So I have no way of updating your racers until it gets fixed.

Apparently the old way of making a note on the trackable page and then deleting it trick isn't even working. So I have to wait. I have a few racers that updated before the hamster died so I will update them this weekend.

There is a thread started about this.

Standings are updated :(

Here's the deal since the mileage is not updating and Groundspeak hasn't fixed it yet.

If you click on the map, the mileage is there from cache to cache. So I added that to the last updated mileage. I marked your racer(in the notes area) on the standings page in green and with the date of the last placement. This is more for my reference so when the mileage gets fixed I can go back and make sure everything is correct and it also lets you know I am watching your racer for when this mess gets fixed, if it does before the end of the race.

If you have any questions on your racers standings please let me know and I will look into it.

David

Standings are updated :)

Thank you to the owners who updated the mileage for me. I still have 18 logs waiting for a update to the mileage.

Groundspeak hasn't posted a update on the situation for a few days so some racers wont update automatically.

Is there any way to get on an e-mail list to be notified of what you need to do to participate in the next race? I've had a great time moving and then following the movements of one of the coins in the current race. Thanks!

The best way right now is to put a watch on this thread. I'll post a link to the PGR IV thread here.

I'm waiting for the mileage bug to get resolved before moving ahead. There will be no way to calculate mileage on new geocoins because I've heard there is no recalculate mileage button on new trackables that were activated after the bug started.

Standings are updated :)

Thank you to the owners who updated the mileage for me.

The auto mileage worked for 1 day. So the trackable owner still has to click recalculate mileage every time a placement is made.

I'll keep you updated on this.

The race is on its final lap today.

I just got home from the Indy 500 pole day activities and need to sleep before work tonight. I will update the standings tomorrow and wait a few days for late logs and declare the winners then.

The race is on its final lap today.

I just got home from the Indy 500 pole day activities and need to sleep before work tonight. I will update the standings tomorrow and wait a few days for late logs and declare the winners then.

so far i'm still number one...

hopefully people won't backdate their logs when they really found them after today

The UNOFFICIAL results are up.

I still have some racers that haven't updated from last months Groundspeak issue. I'll have to add them up manually I suppose. I don't believe these will affect the winners.

Congratulations :rolleyes:

Will there be a PGR IV? If so, I'm in again.

Yes there will be. I've been lazy and busy. Waiting on Oakcoins to get back to me to see if they are interested in sponsoring the next race.

I'm new to the forum in the last 3 months, but I'd like to join the race. Will there be an announcement?

Edited by nefesh