Premier Geocoin Race III

Shilo

Race Rules:

Prizes will be awarded in 2 categories as follows: Greatest Overall Distance Traveled and Most

Placements By Different Geocachers.

1. If you find a geocoin in a geocache and take it, please move it along to another geocache in a

timely manner(generally within 2 weeks).

2. Only log the geocoin into a geocache in which you get a smiley face for except if it is the only

geocache you place it in or it is the final geocache you leave the geocoin in. Example: geocacher A

does 4 caches, the first 3 must accompany a smiley face log on the cache page while the last can

be a note or smiley face log. Even though there is no limit set to this rule(yet), use common

sense and be courteous to other geocachers who would enjoy moving a racing coin.

3. If any of these rules are not followed, the owner of the geocoin may be asked to remove the

violating log entry. If the violating log entry is not removed, then the geocoin's race standings will

not be updated.

4. In the rare situation where an owner of a geocoin finds their own geocoin, they may move it on

to another geocache, but it may not be more than 50 miles away and you are limited to a

maximum of two movements for the duration of the race.

5. Please post rules 1,2 and 3 on your geocoin page. Send me a private message and I will send

you the html coding for your page.

I just found one of these racing geocoins the other day. These rules are ridiculous.

rule 2. I'll log a race coin in or out of whichever cache I feel like, smiley or not. It would then be up to you, the race host, to score the coin correctly, not me the random cacher who finds the coin.

rule 3. The owner of the race coin shouldn't be asked to delete any logs of caches visited by their coin. That changes the history of the coin, the history of the cache, and quite possibly the history of the random cacher who picked it up. Again, that's up to you, the race host, to score it correctly.

rule 4. No brainer. An owner wouldn't randomly find their own coin. It would be intentional to keep the coin moving.

:)

Race Rules:

Prizes will be awarded in 2 categories as follows: Greatest Overall Distance Traveled and Most

1. If you find a geocoin in a geocache and take it, please move it along to another geocache in a

2. Only log the geocoin into a geocache in which you get a smiley face for except if it is the only

geocache you place it in or it is the final geocache you leave the geocoin in. Example: geocacher A

does 4 caches, the first 3 must accompany a smiley face log on the cache page while the last can

be a note or smiley face log. Even though there is no limit set to this rule(yet), use common

sense and be courteous to other geocachers who would enjoy moving a racing coin.

3. If any of these rules are not followed, the owner of the geocoin may be asked to remove the

violating log entry. If the violating log entry is not removed, then the geocoin's race standings will

not be updated.

4. In the rare situation where an owner of a geocoin finds their own geocoin, they may move it on

to another geocache, but it may not be more than 50 miles away and you are limited to a

5. Please post rules 1,2 and 3 on your geocoin page. Send me a private message and I will send

I just found one of these racing geocoins the other day. These rules are ridiculous.

rule 2. I'll log a race coin in or out of whichever cache I feel like, smiley or not. It would then be up to you, the race host, to score the coin correctly, not me the random cacher who finds the coin.

rule 3. The owner of the race coin shouldn't be asked to delete any logs of caches visited by their coin. That changes the history of the coin, the history of the cache, and quite possibly the history of the random cacher who picked it up. Again, that's up to you, the race host, to score it correctly.

rule 4. No brainer. An owner wouldn't randomly find their own coin. It would be intentional to keep the coin moving.

:)

The rules are all totally fair and reasonable. It is something that is meant to be fun, but is a massive nightmare to orchestrate and the rules are there to help make the organizers job just that little bit easier and to keep the playing field even for everyone. (It would not be hard to cheat and have a mate pick up you coins and then start a 3 week journey dipping it in 100 caches, for example)

And as for #4 - it would not necessarily be intentional - it would be entirely possible for an owner to happen upon their own coin due to a slow logging of the drop into a cache!

Race Rules:

not be updated.

:D

I think the simple rules are an attempt to keep the race fair, and easy to follow (and score). It seems unreasonable to expect the race host to spend every spare minute for the next year doing nothing but fix the scoreboard. This is after all a free voluntary race, not some money making venture :D .

Standings are updated :D

Some big moves up at the top.....wow :)

Wow, some of those racers are using nitro, I think! :D Was thinking I was only a few hundred miles out of first, and suddenly I'm once again more than a few thousand miles back! :D:)

A little over a month and a half in and some huge moves already!!! At least it has been more than just 1 coin.

So how are you all liking the new rules? Mainly the one that allows dipping as long as a geocacher is finding the cache?

Let me know!!!

Its a little more work to keep up with but its seems to be getting more coins moving and adding some excitement.

A little over a month and a half in and some huge moves already!!! At least it has been more than just 1 coin.

So how are you all liking the new rules? Mainly the one that allows dipping as long as a geocacher is finding the cache?

Let me know!!!

Its a little more work to keep up with but its seems to be getting more coins moving and adding some excitement.

I like the new rules! :D

Though, only one of mine seems to move. :D

Is anyone able to rescue my geocoin from a mystery cache near Birmingham Alabama? :ph34r:

E&Cplus3's Dutch MicroRacer is stuck in Pinson's House of Love (GC16DV8)... or at least I hope it is!

We'll get it tomorrow for you, it's only about 10 miles from the house.

Is anyone able to rescue my geocoin from a mystery cache near Birmingham Alabama? :)

E&Cplus3's Dutch MicroRacer is stuck in Pinson's House of Love (GC16DV8)... or at least I hope it is!

Why does it need rescuing? Thats a lovely cache! :sad:

The standings will not be updated until a issue with Geocaching.com website is fixed. Now the mileage on placement logs is missing and the total mileage isn't being updated at all.

Discussion is here.

Please post to bring attention to this issue. Thanks!!

Edited by Shilo