Message in a Bottle coin

ThePetersTrio

The Caching Place is doing custom wine bottle coins with a minimum order of 25 coins per order.

My husband and I are wine collectors and live in the heart of Pinot Noir paradise. We go winery hopping frequently and would love to drop some wine bottle coins in some caches nearby our favorite wineries. Unfortunately as our budget needs to accomodate WINE sometimes, I can't afford to order a full 25 coin set and so I was wondering if there are any other winos wine lovers out there who might wish to go in on an order with me. B)

An order of 25 coins works out to $8.73 per coin (if my math is correct). They are pretty cute too. Looks like a very good vintage. :huh:

http://www.thecachingplace.com/shop/pc/vie...p;idproduct=264

The order needs to be placed by March 19th. Please PM me if you are interested or respond here and I'll PM you.

Thanks!

Thanks for the people who've contacted me regarding interest.

The main concern seems to be about the text. We would all need to be in agreement. The requirements for text are:

1st line of text, up to 17 characters (including spaces)

2nd line of text, up to 13 characters (including spaces)

3rd line of text, up to 17 characters (including spaces)

I was thinking of using some type of famous quote. But I am certainly open to any clever suggestions anyone else might have. Even if you aren't interested in the coin - please help! :huh:

One line could say "In vino veritas" which I believe translates to "Truth in wine" (15 characters)

So something like:

Satisfy your taste

for adventure

In vino veritas

Line one is too long - cripes this is harder than haiku! B)

I'd love it if it could say - "Zinfandel isn't white!" B)

Anyone have any bright ideas?

Ok - I think I was making this too hard. How about:

Go caching

wine country

In vino veritas

I'll certainly still consider other suggestions, if anyone has one. But if folks who have previously contacted me would let me know yay or nay regarding the text above and how many they'd be in for here on this thread, then I can begin the count to see about how large of an order to put together.

Also regarding color choice - I'm leaning toward either the bottle green or the yellow green to make it more like an actual wine bottle. Indicate your preference on the post and I'll go with the majority choice between the two colors.

I'd like to have the order placed by Monday, March 17th. I'll be happy to distribute the order if people wouldn't mind reimbursing me for the postage (I'll spring for the supplies). I was looking to split 25 coins but if there is more interest then we can order 50. First come, first served by your post on this thread.

If I don't get enough interest for 25, then I won't place any order.

Thanks!

RW and I have never been much of wine drinkers. Then about a year ago I was force to go on a wine tasting tour with my sister. My favorite wine happened to be a Late Harvest Viogner. Then back in January for my birthday RW and I tried a Gewurztraminer (sp?) and Oh my that was delicious! Cute coin indeed.

Thanks for the heads up on this very cool coin project. I was going to do a couple of geo jelly flavors, I might cut that back to one so we can get in on this one also.

Kinda thinking about this-

Nunc est bibendum

(Now its time to drink)

I like that. Is that Latin?

I wonder if it's the origin for the term "imbibe"? Which is a term I like. :laughing:

Edited by ThePetersTrio

Yay to THECACHINGPLACE for coming up with such a great group design project!! Did you know that Riveli Nascosto Segreto[i/] is Italian and means: 'It reveals Hidden Secret' which of course is the 'message' under the label. COOL!!!! To think we can make our OWN message to promote something!! Let's see....how can I change the world with my message?? PAY IT FORWARD...hmm probably will be taken already <_< and its a great 3 liner too :anitongue:

I also think its good thinking if you can't afford it on your own to go in with someone else and split them like the OP is doing....great thinking!!! I'm going to try and save it up for my own but may post here if I need help and want someone else to go in with me on them!

oh yeah I noticed that they have a special place on their forums to post questions you have about these trackable coins....go here....THECACHINGPLACE FORUMS....

Lastly it looks like we have until March 19th to get them ordered...whoohoo!!! Again, great job to the gals at THECACHINGPLACE!!!! Can't wait to get in on these kewl coins!!!!!

LD >> off to come up with my special message :unsure:

1st line of text, up to 17 characters (including spaces) Woodland Clan

2nd line of text, up to 13 characters (including spaces) caching name

3rd line of text, up to 17 characters (including spaces) caching name

We are looking for some folks to go in on this with. We like 7 for a color. Please let us know if you are interested and we will go from there.

Woodland Clan

Edited by Woodland Clan

This looks like such a neat coin. My coin budget won't allow me to go in for a full set, but I'd be interested in joining up with a few others to split a set.

PetersTrio, which message do you think you'll go with?

Out of the options presented so far, kind of like the last suggestion: Nunc est bibendum, but that's just me.

Thanks for the heads up on this very cool coin project. I was going to do a couple of geo jelly flavors, I might cut that back to one so we can get in on this one also.

Nunc est bibendum

(Now its time to drink)

That one is one that we are considering...not sure if you want yours to have the same message as someone else or not???

Nunc est bibendum

(Now its time to drink)

That one is one that we are considering...not sure if you want yours to have the same message as someone else or not???

Usyoopers - I sent you a PM but had not heard back from you. I wasn't clear if you wanted to go in on an order with me/us or if you were going to do your own thing.

To Valerie and Woodland Clan - I've got you down for your coins. At this point, I'm just trying to figure out who is doing what to get a final coin count. I hope to place the order in about a week.

Nunc est bibendum

(Now its time to drink)

Usyoopers - I sent you a PM but had not heard back from you. I wasn't clear if you wanted to go in on an order with me/us or if you were going to do your own thing.

Sorry, didn't get your message. We are going it alone.

To Valerie and Woodland Clan - I've got you down for your coins. At this point, I'm just trying to figure out who is doing what to get a final coin count. I hope to place the order in about a week.

Nunc est bibendum

(Now its time to drink)

Ok - thanks for letting me know. Do you have a problem with our use of "Nunc est bibendum" as well? I really liked that suggestion and thought you had posted it to share as a possibility for the coin order I was putting together.

I don't wish to step on anyone's toes here. :laughing:

Ok - thanks for letting me know. Do you have a problem with our use of "Nunc est bibendum" as well? I really liked that suggestion and thought you had posted it to share as a possibility for the coin order I was putting together.

I don't wish to step on anyone's toes here. :laughing:

sent you an email!

Just an update:

I believe we have enough interest to do an order for 50 coins. The total spoken for at this point is 37 - so if you are interested in part of the remaining 13 coins, please PM me or post here ASAP.

The list I have as of now are:

ThePetersTrio - 15 coins

Usyoopers - 10 coins

Bluemotmot - 5 coins

Lucky Ducky - 2 coins

Woodward Clan - 5 coins

TCP is going to be posting sample coins in the next day or so. At this point the majority want color #7 with the text to read:

Nunc est bibendum

We will confirm our color/text choice after the samples are posted and before I place the order. Of note - with a 50 coin order, the cost per coin will be approximately $7.90.

[edit]

I have confirmed that this site has a problem with the PM system for some users. That means that even though your PM may say "0 New Messages" you may in fact have messages in there. So please, if you think you should have gotten a PM from me and you didn't - double check by clicking on the "0 New Messages" link in the upper right hand corner of your screen. Thanks!

Edited by ThePetersTrio

Just an update:

I believe we have enough interest to do an order for 50 coins. The total spoken for at this point is 37 - so if you are interested in part of the remaining 13 coins, please PM me or post here ASAP.

The list I have as of now are:

ThePetersTrio - 15 coins

Usyoopers - 10 coins

Bluemotmot - 5 coins

Lucky Ducky - 2 coins

Woodward Clan - 5 coins

TCP is going to be posting sample coins in the next day or so. At this point the majority want color #7 with the text to read:

Nunc est bibendum

We will confirm our color/text choice after the samples are posted and before I place the order. Of note - with a 50 coin order, the cost per coin will be approximately $7.90.

[edit]

I have confirmed that this site has a problem with the PM system for some users. That means that even though your PM may say "0 New Messages" you may in fact have messages in there. So please, if you think you should have gotten a PM from me and you didn't - double check by clicking on the "0 New Messages" link in the upper right hand corner of your screen. Thanks!

I'd like to be in for "8", Please :rolleyes:

Hi everyone!

Sorry we've not been involved in these discussions, it's been one of those really hectic weeks!! We were hoping to post the sample photo's today but instead we received word that they are delayed until early next week. We apologize for this delay, but it's out of our hands. We'll extend the ordering date to the 25th of March instead of the 19th, that will give everyone a few more days to make their choices.

Hi everyone!

Sorry we've not been involved in these discussions, it's been one of those really hectic weeks!! We were hoping to post the sample photo's today but instead we received word that they are delayed until early next week. We apologize for this delay, but it's out of our hands. We'll extend the ordering date to the 25th of March instead of the 19th, that will give everyone a few more days to make their choices.

Thanks for extending the date. I am looking forward to seeing the samples. :)

At this time, all 50 coins have been spoken for.

ThePetersTrio - 15 coins

Usyoopers - 10 coins

Bluemotmot - 5 coins

Lucky Ducky - 2 coins

Woodland Clan - 5 coins

Fairyhoney - 8 coins

WV Kiwi - 5 coins

Thanks everyone. I will await the sample coins - make sure we are all ok with our color choice and then place the order. I'll keep you all posted. ;)

ThePetersTrio - 15 coins

Usyoopers - 10 coins

Bluemotmot - 5 coins

Lucky Ducky - 2 coins

Woodland Clan - 5 coins

Fairyhoney - 8 coins

WV Kiwi - 5 coins

Thanks everyone. I will await the sample coins - make sure we are all ok with our color choice and then place the order. I'll keep you all posted. ;)

Excellent idea ;)

Can I get 6 please?

ThePetersTrio - 15 coins

Usyoopers - 10 coins

Bluemotmot - 5 coins

Lucky Ducky - 2 coins

Woodland Clan - 5 coins

Fairyhoney - 8 coins

WV Kiwi - 5 coins

Thanks everyone. I will await the sample coins - make sure we are all ok with our color choice and then place the order. I'll keep you all posted. :o

Excellent idea ;)

Can I get 6 please?

email sent to MissAmerica1

We'd have to get another increment of 25 to place the order for 75 total. If there are any takers out there for coins and we can get to 25 more I'm happy to increase the order as this would reduce the cost to all of us.

I will probably place the order on Monday, March 24. I'll leave this open until then. So if you are interested, let me know. :lol:

I received an email from Cache-U-Nuts that the samples have gotten stuck at some airport in transit. She assures me that as soon as humanly possible the sample coin pics will be posted for all to see.