Sadness...Coin Drop Mission

BlueMotmot

Hi Valerie....

I'm sorry to learn of your mother's passing. My own father died 12 years ago and I remember feeling very mortal at the time. The one true constant in your life is a parent...people and events come and go...but your parents are always there. Then, suddenly, a parent is gone and your world becomes a totally different place....it's a huge loss. My condolences, truly.

I've been involved in geocaching for less than a year and a half, but I'm not surprised at the outpouring of sympathy and support seen in this thread. Hollora and Cache Maine (previous postings) are personal friends of mine up here in Maine and you are seeing responses from fellow geocachers from all over the country. Please know that the entire geocaching community members who read about your loss are thinking of you and your mother and wish you comfort as you get through this.

As a long-time paramedic I have seen good nursing homes and some not so good. But every patient in these nursing care facilities is ill and has some special care needs (that's why they are there). While you or I may go to the hospital today for a sudden onset of shortness of breath, many patients in a nursing care facility have shortness of breath every single day and they only go to the hospital when their condition deteriorates greatly. Often is the case that patients in these facilities are less able to communicate changes in their own condition making it that much more difficult for the nursing staff to make the appropriate treatment decisions. If the nursing care facility was truly negligent with your mother, that needs to change. But unlike some of the others who have posted notes here, I really hope you don't concentrate on being bitter with the nursing home. Instead, I hope you can concentrate on the many good things your mother brought to your world.

I'm so glad you shared your loss in this forum and have developed this tribute to your mother by sending out coins to her special places. Those coins, when they travel, will spread your mother's legacy and memory, what a great idea. My wish for you is to celebrate your mother's life, the times you had with her, and to launch those coins that will continue her legacy. Through those coins, your mother will make many journeys and see many sights for many years to come. You're a very good daughter.....

EMSDanel

Valerie,

i am so sorry to hear abou your loss. The only thing i can send from across the sea is love and kind words written by a friend that helped me cope with the passing of a close relative some time ago.

Let each teardrop be a memory

from which we'll never part.

For memories are ours to keep

forever in our hearts.

I'm sure your mother left you with many happy memories. Treasure them.

Love

Ljay

Valerie,

i am so sorry to hear abou your loss. The only thing i can send from across the sea is love and kind words written by a friend that helped me cope with the passing of a close relative some time ago.

Let each teardrop be a memory

from which we'll never part.

For memories are ours to keep

forever in our hearts.

I'm sure your mother left you with many happy memories. Treasure them.

Love

Ljay

That just said it all and just about perfectly, thank you for posting it, Ljay, I'm sure that a lot of us could use that poem at one point or another!

Thank you!

Naomi :)

Valerie,

I am sooo sorry to hear of your loss. I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through at this time.... although I've lost people close to me, I don't know what it is like to loose a parent and I am so sorry for what you are going through. I hope the happy memories you have of your Mom help you through this sad time.

All our best to you and your family. If there is anything I can do, please let me know!!!

Hang in there

Sonya

I am only just catching up on all the posts I missed while away at Crufts ... only had internet access there via my iphone so no forum reading.

Valerie, I am so sorry to hear of your loss, please be assured of my thoughts and prayers at this time.

I know how difficult things can be, I have been caring for my elderly sick father since 2000, and just last week he went into respite care for the first time (4 weeks to give me a break) ... the worry about him there is almost as tiring as the caring for him at home!

Be strong, and be assured of warm feelings from your fellow coiners! :anicute:

Valerie,

I received the beautiful coin you sent me to release in honor of your mother earlier this week.

I'll be releasing it in the next couple of days, I want to put it somewhere beautiful and will probably put it at Crocodile Smile to get it started.

I was worried about releasing it just in the little plastic pocket, so I made a travel tag for it and laminated it and reinforced things some for you, hope you don't mind!

valxp2.jpg

Hope your heart is healing and things are looking brighter for ya!

Naomi :)

Ohhh that is beautiful!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful way to remember your Mom!!!!

~S

Valerie,

I received the beautiful coin you sent me to release in honor of your mother earlier this week.

I'll be releasing it in the next couple of days, I want to put it somewhere beautiful and will probably put it at Crocodile Smile to get it started.

I was worried about releasing it just in the little plastic pocket, so I made a travel tag for it and laminated it and reinforced things some for you, hope you don't mind!

valxp2.jpg

Hope your heart is healing and things are looking brighter for ya!

Naomi :unsure:

valxp2.jpg

Naomi :laughing: Edited by Ljay

Naomi,

love the little card you made, how did you get the ring through the plastic holder without tearing the plastic, i have coins that are going to be released in the next couple of weeks and don't particularly want to drill them.

Hope you are doing ok valarie, you are still in our prayers.

Ljay

valxp2.jpg

Naomi :laughing: Edited by Ljay

Naomi,

love the little card you made, how did you get the ring through the plastic holder without tearing the plastic, i have coins that are going to be released in the next couple of weeks and don't particularly want to drill them.

Hope you are doing ok valarie, you are still in our prayers.

Ljay

I just used a hole punch :laughing:. What you can't see so well is that I've used clear packing tape to reinforce all the edges of the plastic holder, as well. It's not permanent, by a long shot, but it should hold pretty well! The tag is just printed on glossy photo paper since it prints prettiest and an image of a Blue MotMot that I found on the net and then text from Valerie's page on the coin. I used plastic laminating film that is sticky and you just trim to size :laughing:. The ring is a keyring, hehehe...

Naomi