More resets on the Colorado with 2.4 and player 2.11

g-o-cashers

I played this cartridge this morning in the field with my Colorado 400t running 2.4 software (2.11 Wherigo player).

About 2/3 of the way through after the marbles are put in bags a screen comes up which gives some guidance on which trails to take. It basically says something to the effect of don't go straight, stay on the trails and go around. The first time I ran through the cartridge I read the first page, scrolled down, read the second page and hit OK. When I did that the Colorado reset and powered off.

The second time I did this I was saving the cartridge along the way and when I reached this point I didn't bother to scroll down to the second page and hit OK. No reset.

I'm not sure how reproducible this is since the PPC emulator which I was running in parallel was fine, since it is a location based cartridge it might be hard to reproduce.

GO$Rs

I played this cartridge this morning in the field with my Colorado 400t running 2.4 software (2.11 Wherigo player).

About 2/3 of the way through after the marbles are put in bags a screen comes up which gives some guidance on which trails to take. It basically says something to the effect of don't go straight, stay on the trails and go around. The first time I ran through the cartridge I read the first page, scrolled down, read the second page and hit OK. When I did that the Colorado reset and powered off.

The second time I did this I was saving the cartridge along the way and when I reached this point I didn't bother to scroll down to the second page and hit OK. No reset.

I'm not sure how reproducible this is since the PPC emulator which I was running in parallel was fine, since it is a location based cartridge it might be hard to reproduce.

GO$Rs

Are you able to send us the log file? We may be able to see what went wrong. Look for the .gwl file on the Colorado and send it to us, if you wouldn't mind. contact at Groundspeak.com

Thanks!

GO$Rs

Are you able to send us the log file? We may be able to see what went wrong. Look for the .gwl file on the Colorado and send it to us, if you wouldn't mind. contact at Groundspeak.com

Thanks!

Does the log file get cleared when you start the cartridge over? If so, I might not have the data you are looking for. I'll send it either way.

GO$Rs

I just want to add that I experienced the same problems on my Colorado (not reproducible as well). Also I got several reports from cachers trying my cartridge describing again this bug.

So far, I know of three different behaviours:

1. the device just turns off (and usually you can power it on immediately afterwards)

2. the device freezes (only battery removal helps)

3. the device behaves very strangly (backlight flickers, much brighter than usual, etc.); in this case, a simple battery reset does not help - you have to try several times (or maybe just need to wait longer with batteries out) before the device starts up again

As hangups also occur outside the Wherigo player, it might be an issue of the firmware rather than the player - but in any case, it is really spoiling the "Wherigo experience" (usually I get logs which say "great idea, but inmature software").

I think it should be in both Garmin's and Groundspeak's interest to make solving this problem a high priority.

Edited by frigschneck