.gws file upload fails to unlock cartridge

g-o-cashers

I completed my first cartridge this morning on my Colorado. There were lots of issues but one which I think is probably a Groundspeak issue I wanted to post here.

When I played the cartridge I used both my Colorado and PPC emulator to walk through it. Both completed successfully. When I unlocked trying to use the .gws file from my Colorado I get the following error:

Error Occured
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. at Groundspeak.Wherigo.ZonesReader.GWSReader.deserialiseObject(FileStream fs) at Groundspeak.Wherigo.ZonesReader.GWSReader.get_Current() at Groundspeak.Wherigo.ZonesReader.GWSExplorer..ctor(String filename) at Wherigo.CartridgeService.GetGWSMetaData(String saveFileName) at Wherigo.CartridgeService.UploadGWS(String saveFileName, Byte[] saveFile, Int64 ownerId)

I can provide the .gws file if you contact me through my profile.

Note that the .gws file from the PPC emulator successfully unlocked the cartridge and I received a funny warning that said something like "No Warnings" but it unlocked.

GO$Rs

Yup, I also had similar problems with two cartridges today:

REI Ice Climber -- 1st told me that I hadn't finished it, then when I tried again, gave me . . .

Error Occured

System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. at System.String.CreateStringFromEncoding(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteLength, Encoding encoding) at System.Text.ASCIIEncoding.GetString(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount) at System.Text.Encoding.GetString(Byte[] bytes) at Groundspeak.Wherigo.ZonesReader.GWSReader.deserialiseObject(FileStream fs) at Groundspeak.Wherigo.ZonesReader.GWSReader.get_Current() at Groundspeak.Wherigo.ZonesReader.GWSExplorer..ctor(String filename) at Wherigo.CartridgeService.GetGWSMetaData(String saveFileName) at Wherigo.CartridgeService.UploadGWS(String saveFileName, Byte[] saveFile, Int64 ownerId)

Penquin Escape --

Error Occured

System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. at System.String.CreateStringFromEncoding(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteLength, Encoding encoding) at System.Text.ASCIIEncoding.GetString(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount) at System.Text.Encoding.GetString(Byte[] bytes) at Groundspeak.Wherigo.ZonesReader.GWSReader.deserialiseObject(FileStream fs) at Groundspeak.Wherigo.ZonesReader.GWSReader.get_Current() at Groundspeak.Wherigo.ZonesReader.GWSExplorer..ctor(String filename) at Wherigo.CartridgeService.GetGWSMetaData(String saveFileName) at Wherigo.CartridgeService.UploadGWS(String saveFileName, Byte[] saveFile, Int64 ownerId)

I can also provide save files if you like. (Sorry -- you got inundated by me . . . after I e-mailed you about this problem, I found this thread! :unsure:)

Thanks!

Edited by FluteFace