Introducing the ConundrumCoin Geocoin! Now on sale at hogwildstuff.org

dimkasmir

Please keep all conundrumcoin discussions in the conundrumcoin thread.

If you are not sure why you are getting an answer wrong, you may use the "contact us" box and one of us will check. Emailing previous solvers works as well. This is just to keep answers from being given away here.

P.S. One of us will get to answering the recent flood of emails sometime today, I promise.

This is one of the coolest coins I have ever seen. The puzzles leading up to the solved coin are amazing too. Thanks so much for doing this coin.

I am now just waiting for the paypal invoice so we can get out "solved" coins :D

Thanks again!!

LibertyBelle

We will start senging out invoices in a week or two when we have the coins in hand.

I am happy to announce the 25 recipients of the solved coins!

1. coreynjoey

2. tsunrisebey

3. jimbexleyspeed

4. Sue-Cat

5. LowGrey

6. LibertyBelle

7. Clamm

8. Doobies

9. Scrabblehounds

10. Bluemotmot

11. joetony

12. pacholik

13. davideos

14. derschlings

15. desert georangers

16. Jake- Team AI

17. gabi

18. Team Turtle-Ham

19. celt45

20. Vanelle

21. Cherry Spawn

22. thefoolandhisqueen

23. dflye

24. JJG10101

25. rrglcag

Some stats:

51 people signed up for the challenge

38 of them had solved at least 10 puzzles

It seems that the most difficult puzzle was #14. which required you to decipher a message located on the back of the coin. It could be solved easily with an easy-to-find online tool.

Unfortunately the website did not close after the 25th solver as planned, but if you are to finish the puzzles now, know that no more coins will be given away (as no more were minted). For those who were stuck on a particular puzzle, the solutions will be posted in a week or two as well.

Thanks for playing everyone!

1. coreynjoey

2. tsunrisebey

3. jimbexleyspeed

4. Sue-Cat

5. LowGrey

6. LibertyBelle

7. Clamm

8. Doobies

9. Scrabblehounds

10. Bluemotmot

11. joetony

12. pacholik

13. davideos

14. derschlings

15. desert georangers

16. Jake- Team AI

17. gabi

18. Team Turtle-Ham

19. celt45

20. Vanelle

21. Cherry Spawn

22. thefoolandhisqueen

23. dflye

24. JJG10101

25. rrglcag

Some stats:

It seems that the most difficult puzzle was #14. which required you to decipher a message located on the back of the coin. It could be solved easily with an easy-to-find online tool.

Unfortunately the website did not close after the 25th solver as planned, but if you are to finish the puzzles now, know that no more coins will be given away (as no more were minted). For those who were stuck on a particular puzzle, the solutions will be posted in a week or two as well.

This was a great game to play and I appreciate all the effort that went into it, truly I do. I know what a large undertaking this must have been. Kudos to you two young gentlemen for putting this together.

However I would like to make a couple of comments in general. I would leave the puzzles open for a bit longer than 1 to 2 weeks. I'm going to assume that there are overseas customers who have yet to receive their coins and they may need more time. This also leads me to another thought, I know this was a learning experience for all and I don't mean to be critical, so please take this as just an sincere suggestion: I think it may have been most fair to wait until all people had their coins because alot of people got their coins late or are still waiting on them, so they had very little chance of winning a 'solved' coin or another option (and beats me how you do it) was to have each puzzle timed, so that no matter when you got your coin, you were judged on a time basis and not who got to do the puzzles first. Just a thought if you both venture into another game coin. Like I said, I had a lot of fun in a warped math kind of way and I really do appreciate all the effort you put into this! Thank you ~tsun

1. coreynjoey

2. tsunrisebey

3. jimbexleyspeed

4. Sue-Cat

5. LowGrey

6. LibertyBelle

7. Clamm

8. Doobies

9. Scrabblehounds

10. Bluemotmot

11. joetony

12. pacholik

13. davideos

14. derschlings

15. desert georangers

16. Jake- Team AI

17. gabi

18. Team Turtle-Ham

19. celt45

20. Vanelle

21. Cherry Spawn

22. thefoolandhisqueen

23. dflye

24. JJG10101

25. rrglcag

Some stats:

This was a great game to play and I appreciate all the effort that went into it, truly I do. I know what a large undertaking this must have been. Kudos to you two young gentlemen for putting this together.

However I would like to make a couple of comments in general. I would leave the puzzles open for a bit longer than 1 to 2 weeks. I'm going to assume that there are overseas customers who have yet to receive their coins and they may need more time. This also leads me to another thought, I know this was a learning experience for all and I don't mean to be critical, so please take this as just an sincere suggestion: I think it may have been most fair to wait until all people had their coins because alot of people got their coins late or are still waiting on them, so they had very little chance of winning a 'solved' coin or another option (and beats me how you do it) was to have each puzzle timed, so that no matter when you got your coin, you were judged on a time basis and not who got to do the puzzles first. Just a thought if you both venture into another game coin. Like I said, I had a lot of fun in a warped math kind of way and I really do appreciate all the effort you put into this! Thank you ~tsun

I'd have to agree with tsun..even though if we had started at the same time as everyone else, we probably wouldn't be on the list ;)

1. coreynjoey

2. tsunrisebey

3. jimbexleyspeed

4. Sue-Cat

5. LowGrey

6. LibertyBelle

7. Clamm

8. Doobies

9. Scrabblehounds

10. Bluemotmot

11. joetony

12. pacholik

13. davideos

14. derschlings

15. desert georangers

16. Jake- Team AI

17. gabi

18. Team Turtle-Ham

19. celt45

20. Vanelle

21. Cherry Spawn

22. thefoolandhisqueen

23. dflye

24. JJG10101

25. rrglcag

Some stats:

I'd have to agree with tsun..even though if we had started at the same time as everyone else, we probably wouldn't be on the list ;)

We now realize that opening the site after the coin went on sale would have been a smarter idea. However, the ConundrumCoin was our first project of the sort and geocoin altogether. If we ever do another coin with a similar idea, we will definitely do it this way.

1. coreynjoey

2. tsunrisebey

3. jimbexleyspeed

4. Sue-Cat

5. LowGrey

6. LibertyBelle

7. Clamm

8. Doobies

9. Scrabblehounds

10. Bluemotmot

11. joetony

12. pacholik

13. davideos

14. derschlings

15. desert georangers

16. Jake- Team AI

17. gabi

18. Team Turtle-Ham

19. celt45

20. Vanelle

21. Cherry Spawn

22. thefoolandhisqueen

23. dflye

24. JJG10101

25. rrglcag

Some stats:

I guess I misunderstood what was going on with the "Solved" coin. I thought I could take my sweet ol' time solving the puzzles; that if one solved them all one would get a "Solved" coin. I was not aware of a limit on how many were made. Oh well. Congrats to all the winners. :)

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

Mmmm just got my coins and eargerly went to The Conundrum Coin website only to see a list of completionists B) Not only am I unable to be in the running to win a solved coin, I can't even access the puzzles. Most disappointing.

Congrats to the winners though, and also congrats to the organisers for putting the whole project together, you might want to reconsider timings/arrangements for completing puzzles if you do a similar project in the future.

Anyone want a spare Conundrum coin? :ph34r:

Mmmm just got my coins and eargerly went to The Conundrum Coin website only to see a list of completionists B) Not only am I unable to be in the running to win a solved coin, I can't even access the puzzles. Most disappointing.

Congrats to the winners though, and also congrats to the organisers for putting the whole project together, you might want to reconsider timings/arrangements for completing puzzles if you do a similar project in the future.

Anyone want a spare Conundrum coin? :ph34r:

I am sorry it did not work out, and you will be able to see the puzzles in 1-2 weeks. We are considering doing something like this again, hopefull it will turn out better.

Got my coins a couple of days ago... very nicely done, but WHOA, thats a teeny tiny tracking number ...to be honest these 25 year old eyes couldn't tell there were numbers even engraved, but my boyfriend says he could see em ..glad for the sticker but I don't think these will become travelers ;) !

Still, a nice addition to my collection, thanks :D

Anyone want a spare Conundrum coin? ;)

I am sorry it did not work out, and you will be able to see the puzzles in 1-2 weeks. We are considering doing something like this again, hopefull it will turn out better.

Thanks for the reply OwlCacher - however without the incentive I doubt I will be able to energise the grey matter enough to solve the puzzles. But I will keep a look out for your next project - just bear in mind what happened this time and see if you can come up with a work around - you could ask for confirmation of receipt by participants, mail overseas buyers first and hold back the US ones, then when everyone has the coin in hand open up the puzzle pages - or something ?!?

For those who missed out, there are now additional coins avaliable. The copper sold out (quicker than the additional phone coins :)) but the silver is still avaliable.

I am currently writing solutions for the site. If you have any solutions that you think are very quick and effective than the solutions you think we were expecting, go ahead and send them in, and if we like them we may put them up.

Received mine over the weekend, somehow I totally missed the fact that the LEs for the winners would have "solved" stamped on them in bright red! :D With that complete lack of even the most basic observation skills, amazing I finished all the puzzles at all, let alone in time to be a winner!! :D

Even cooler, the coin is individually stamped with my rank in the standings and included a nifty personalized note!! :huh:

ConundrumLE_AG.jpg

This is very cool. I got my Silver coin and started to solve the puzzles. Man some are hard. I will be contacting about 1 puzzle that I am on now....to me it is wrong the way it is set up...may need an explanation.

Still I am having fun tryin to solve the puzzles.

Also, on the front of the coin...is all the letters around the edge a puzzle too? If so...WOW!

Edited by Sparticus06

Just ordered one of each... copper & silver! :)

My two coins arrived on June 20th, while I was out of town camping and caching in the Eastern Sierras, and when I returned home sometime in July, there was a huge pile of coin packets waiting for me, but I quickly got way to busy to give much attention to them. :)

Believe it or not, I just opened up my packet today! <_<

Congratulations to the 25 Puzzle Solvers! :blink: