mirrored text

can anyone tell me how to mirror text? i have tried several programs and it will mirror the text but not flip the letters like they need to be to properly display the text like an ambulance would in your rear view mirror?

here is an example of what i am talking about

!!gnihcac og stel

it says lets go caching

but if you hold it to a mirror it doesnt work quite right because the letters didnt flip.

my idea is for a mirror cache puzzle

please help!!!!

cookmopar@wmconnect.com

text.gif

For info - I typed the above here as a reply, saved it, did a screen cap, cropped and reversed it in PSP, saved as a GIF, uploaded to photobucket, then edited my post to remove the original text and insert the GIF.

Edited by keehotee

Yep. Definitely go with an image. Even if you find a special font for that, there's no reason to believe that it will show properly on the web page for anyone else.

Just make sure you keep the image down to the proper size, because you really don't want it to get resized. If the website shrinks the image to make it fit, then it may become unreadable.

Just make sure you keep the image down to the proper size, because you really don't want it to get resized. If the website shrinks the image to make it fit, then it may become unreadable.

Make it as large as necessary to read properly (within reason of course). Make the image a link to the full-sized image, and have some text in the description having the reader click on the image for a full sized view. That's what I have done on some of my puzzle caches.

if it's just to print out rather than display online, then you can also do this in Word using Word Art, you just need to drag the right hand hande along to the left and keep going until the whole thing flips.

I hope that makes sense :rolleyes:

Hey! That does work!!! <_<

You get a lot of control in Photoshop, but paint comes free with all versions of windows.

mirrored.jpg

Use the text tool to type your message.

Image/Flip to flip it horizontally.

Use the marquee tool to select the text area and copy.

Image/Attributes and set width and heigth to 1.

Edit/Paste to put the text back in.

Now you have a cropped, mirrored image of the text.

Save it and upload.