Are you ever worried about your safety?

Andy73

So far I am happy to report that I have not needed to inflict violence on anyone since I was in grade school. Why is it that "regular" people think they need to armed at all times?

And I am happy to report that I have never needed to use the Fire Extinguisher that we keep in the kitchen, but I keep it there anyway.

What a great analogy. :D

It amazes me to see how many people put down and want to talk like gun owners and those who choose to carry them are a bunch of nuts and crazys... Shame on anyone who forgets the lessons of this countrys past, and what rights our forefathers thought it prudent for us to have... I am responsible for myself and my family. When it comes to my finances, my home, all my choices, they are mine to make for the future of my 18 month old girl. No matter what may arise.. its up to me.. not the government.. or anyone else.. do you really think the government or anyone else has the best intrests of you and yours in mind more than, or as much as you do... thats a thought that i take very seriously.. thats why i have my carry permit.. thats why i carry my gun.. thats why theres a shotgun locked in my room.. Nothing will prevent me from protecting me and mine.. its not something that rules my thoughts or my life ... its something that lets me rule my life.. not any fear of some low life trash.. funny how your first run in with one will change your mind.. i've been shot, on an unfortunate day when i let my apathy and mindset of letting others be in charge of my final circumstances overcome my natural right to be able to protect myself.. if more responsible people opted to take advantage of their rights things in this world might be a little different..thugs shouldnt be the only ones with guns..and i don't carry my gun without my pepper spray... same holster, because my gun is my last resort.. we've become a soft people.. living in our glass jars.. and people are always afraid of things they dont understand... if you dont like guns or just dont know anything about them, take the ccw class if theres one given around you.. most of them will let you for free if your doing it for educational purposes.. you'll be surprised at what you will hear and learn... they are just tools... any tool can be dangerous if handled poorly... be educated.. be prepared.. then your ready to be...

Lots o' words in that last post, but none of the words were "geocaching."

Let's save the pure gun rights debates for the Off Topic forum, and use this Geocaching Topics forum for discussing geocaching topics. That means relating your safety concerns and precautions to your geocaching activities.

Thanks.

Situational awareness is your first line of defence. Pay attention to your surroundings. If you get a feeling that you really shouldn't be there, listen to it.

That applies to geocaching, backpacking, walking on urban streets or mountain trails.

Mopar, what is that second item? First aid kit?

Lots o' words in that last post, but none of the words were "geocaching."

Let's save the pure gun rights debates for the Off Topic forum, and use this Geocaching Topics forum for discussing geocaching topics. That means relating your safety concerns and precautions to your geocaching activities.

Thanks.

noticed quite a few posts before mine that were missing that word... love the quick wit as always though... Geocaching....:anibad:

Edited by drew82

So far I am happy to report that I have not needed to inflict violence on anyone since I was in grade school. Why is it that "regular" people think they need to armed at all times?

And I am happy to report that I have never needed to use the Fire Extinguisher that we keep in the kitchen, but I keep it there anyway.

RWW, Dont you know fire extinguishers are a fire hazzard while geocaching?

equipmenttq1.jpg

Mopar, what is that second item? First aid kit?

The 2nd item is a seatbelt. I always wear one while driving from geocache to geocache. Even though in almost 30yrs of driving, including a few yrs involved with race cars and many yrs of 50k+ miles a yr , I've never needed it.