Dragons Tail / Deals Gap

sschevel

I assume you are referring to two of my caches (Tail of the dragon and Head of the dragon referenced in the post above mine)?

When I originally put them out, I made up a bunch of CD's with photos and other geocaching material that I left as a signature item. Back then, you had to get ahold of one of the CDs to get the coordinates. I also had a travel bug tag attached to one of them, so that people could find it without having to visit 20 caches.

When I moved out of state, and the CD's all got snatched up, I put the coordinates to "Tail" in the logbook for the "Head" cache (the traditional). So, if you visit Head first, you'll get the coordinates to Tail. I've had several inquiries about these caches lately, so I may just post the actual coordinates on the page.

There are also several other caches along the route, unless you are timing your run and don't want to stop in the middle.

Edited by DavidMac

When I moved out of state, and the CD's all got snatched up, I put the coordinates to "Tail" in the logbook for the "Head" cache (the traditional). So, if you visit Head first, you'll get the coordinates to Tail. I've had several inquiries about these caches lately, so I may just post the actual coordinates on the page.

There are also several other caches along the route, unless you are timing your run and don't want to stop in the middle.

Well, I think part of my difficulties has been to identify where the "Head" is and where the "Tail" is.

I will be traveling from Memphis TN across and down to Charleston SC in one day. I was encouraged to pass through the Dragon and it only adds on a few miles to my trek. The thought of stopping for a few min to seek out a cache and stretch my legs sounds like a good idea.

While searching the web for geocache and dragon tail (or) deals gap, I only found one mention that there are 2 caches at the head and tail of the dragon. Now you mention there are more than that along the trail.

Can someone point me to the correct zip code to search here at the geocache web site so I might be able to determine if there are caches I might want to find along that route?

It will be a long day and I may break up the drive into 2 days so I can have more time along the dragons tail.

I have not had any geo hunts in over a year and would like to hunt a few in the future.

Anyway, if your one cache leads you to the other cache, am I heading the right way to find the first one? I doubt I will want to turn around and drive back to the other end of the tail, then back across again to get myself toward home.

Thank you for your help and finally do you think the caches have anything to trade or if they are still there?

Guy