ExceptionCode: 0x8000002 on an iPaq 2210

Simply B

I keep getting this error while trying to play a Wherigo cartridge on my Pocket PC:

'A native exception has occurred in Player.exe. Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more information.'

I click Details and get:

ExceptionCode: 0x8000002

ExceptionAddress: 0x01f83c34

I'm using HP iPaq 2210 with a bluetooth GPS. For the record the player is very poor at finding the GPS signal when I feed it through GPS Gate, showing that "GPS Device Detection in Progress..." message without ever giving up, while if I let it have sole direct access to the GPS on the bluetooth port it generally finds it.

The error occurs at different moments in the play that I can't pin down, though I've never had more than a few minutes' play before it happens. The cartridge runs fine in the builder emulator.

I keep getting this error while trying to play a Wherigo cartridge on my Pocket PC:

'A native exception has occurred in Player.exe. Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more information.'

I click Details and get:

ExceptionCode: 0x8000002

ExceptionAddress: 0x01f83c34

I'm using HP iPaq 2210 with a bluetooth GPS. For the record the player is very poor at finding the GPS signal when I feed it through GPS Gate, showing that "GPS Device Detection in Progress..." message without ever giving up, while if I let it have sole direct access to the GPS on the bluetooth port it generally finds it.

The error occurs at different moments in the play that I can't pin down, though I've never had more than a few minutes' play before it happens. The cartridge runs fine in the builder emulator.

I'm using the same PDA as you with a bluetooth GPS and I've not seen this problem. It might be worth you trying the latest version of the player, although I was using the older version.