Norwegian Attractions: Nidaros Cathedral Geocoin

fam.bergum

Nidaros1.jpg

Nidaros2.jpg

This is the first coin in a series with Norwegian attractions as the main theme.

The front is a reproduction of the rose window found in the west front of the cathedral, the colors are transparent imitation hard enamel with some structures underneath. The back of the coin shows the west front in 3D. The coins will be trackable on geocaching.com and the wording and tracking numbers are placed on the edge of the coins.

The Nidaros Cathedral considered to be one of the most most significant attractions of Norway,. It was the cathedral of the Norwegian archdiocese, established in 1152. Since the Reformation, it has been the cathedral of the Lutheran bishops of Trondheim or Nidaros. The architectural style of the cathedral is Romanesque and gothic. It was an important destination for pilgrims coming from all of Northern Europe.

Trackable , 2" Diameter, 3.5mm thicknes. Looking for opinions ...

Price US 11.50

Presale Here

Presale ends March 15.

Regards

Hallgeir

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

I like it a lot:

Availabilty?

Price?

Finishes?

I googled a pre-sale page :laughing: (using Nidaros Cathedral Geocoin as the search text)

Payment just sent to the same paypal account as the Fam.Bergum "moose" coin, have to see what I get in the mail. :o

I think you broke it :D:D the site is offline now

I like it a lot:

Availabilty?

Price?

Finishes?

I googled a pre-sale page :laughing: (using Nidaros Cathedral Geocoin as the search text)

Payment just sent to the same paypal account as the Fam.Bergum "moose" coin, have to see what I get in the mail. :o

I think you broke it :D:) the site is offline now

Order sent.... Thank you for fixing the site after dflye broke it lol :D

Whenever I visit my cousins in Vikhamar, which is just outside Trondheim, we visit the Nidaros Cathedral. Great way to work the rose window into the design!

Placed my order for some of each.

Would love to go to Trondheim, and since we live in Sweden, I will one of these days! Next time you go, LBK, maybe we can arrange a trip, too, and have a little mini-event! Would be fun to meet ya!

Naomi :rolleyes:

Based on the current number of orders, I'm pretty sure we will have a icon. The whole family is really happy for the response. We used a lot of time to decide how to make this coin, we visited the cathedral several times and bought a lot of books about the glass paintings, so it has been a really fun process.

Thanks again!

I would really really really like to trade for both metals.

Pretty please with a cherry on top?

I have a fascination with Rose Windows.

wrose.jpg

Hi Toojin & Bart,

I'll send ya' one, PM me your mailing address and the finish you would like best. When they get here I'll mail it out to you : )

LJ

Edited by bvnlj