Spammers

Carbon Hunter

I've just had a "mystery" spammer post a bit of a poor judgement post on an earthcache of mine in Mpumalanga.

They stated that they are from Marloth Park - but the cache notes refere to a poffadder at the cache. Seeing that this is a virtual cache - not possible. Also the language was not in the spirit of caching.

I deleted the post - so please watch for a BosBitch who posts on your caches (also backdated so that they are not top of the finds).

Phew, I'm not sure...

I also saw the log, but I believe that it's genuine - just a "lomp" log, on the wrong cache listing, by a newbie.

I've emailed him to find out more - I am genuinely concerned about the snake threat which could easily be real. He mentioned a camo bag, which is our style, and he could be referring to one of our caches - until I know more, I'm taking his comments seriously.

We're in the KNP right now, so I'm hoping for an answer from him asap, so that we can look into it tomorrow.

Bosbitch is real. He is a member since 27 January 2008 and he logged only one find. The find was done on the cache called “A walk on the wild side” by GPS Storm (GCV8RM). He logged his find on 25 January. Two days before he joined.

Maybe he logged a find on the virtual cache but with a snake at the area. Maybe just the wrong expressions and words. His last time of log on was March the 4th. I am sure he will come back, he is not that active.