Anyone interested in helping me?

tsunrisebey

I'm hoping that I can get just a few of you generous cachers to help me out. I really don't like to ask for help but I can only do so much and I'm hoping some of you would be willing to help me help someone else.

Cacher ATC06 who is serving overseas in Iraq is setting up an event at Camp Victory for the 2nd week in April. He sent me an email asking for a donation of geocoins . While I do have a couple coins I will be sending, I think it would be really great if we could really make this event fun for our soldiers. He mentioned he thought there would be about 25 cachers who would show up and wouldn't it be nice to make sure every soldier and contractor walked away with a geocoin? I'd give 25 coins if I had them. I'd really like to make the event special for them so I need some additional help from some of you (please <_< ).

If you are interested in helping me, please send me an email. I'll send you my address to send me a coin. Please feel free to include a written letter to the guys/gals or postcard. I'd like to get a box of 'stuff' sent off by the middle of March to make sure it arrives in plenty of time.

Again any help would be appreicated and please don't feel pressured to donate, not everyone can and I understand that but if you want you can send me a card to send off to them if you just want to send a message.

I'd like to get at least 25 geocoins, I'm sending 4, so 21 left to go... thanks for your consideration ;)

tsun

Edited by tsunrisebey

We would be glad to donate a Personal Coin Tsun. We will send it to you along with a card or something so they know who the coin is from. We hope whoever gets our coin will like it as much as we do. Hope to see pictures of the event seeing all them that attend with their happy smiles.

Barry and Val

sweetlife

It never ceases to amaze me, the terrific spirt of the Caching community! I opened up my email this morning and my jaw DROPPED. We cannot belive the responses we have recieved about our Event over here. Every one of you are truely great human beings. We have had the honor of caching with a few of the folks who have posted in here, and we look forward to the opportunity to cache with those that we haven't yet.

It makes our time go by a little faster when we have things to do that we enjoy. Geocaching is a great distraction to help pass the time. It seems we have a pretty active caching community over here and we all appreciate this generous outpouring of support.

We have to change the Event from June to the second week of April. Sorry to make you the change, but we are finding out this timeframe will work the best for the rest of the cachers that are interested in attending. We hope you guys can still support this.

James

Shipping that package will likely cost a TON Tsun, maybe you should take up donations for shipping as well??

It shouldn't be too bad if Tsun uses a flat rate box. You can pack it full and make it as heavy as you want and still shipping will be less then $10. I send care packages over to the troops all the time and use these boxes. They really make it affordable to send over some good stuff. :laughing:

E-mail on it's way for a donation! :o

Shipping that package will likely cost a TON Tsun, maybe you should take up donations for shipping as well??

It shouldn't be too bad if Tsun uses a flat rate box. You can pack it full and make it as heavy as you want and still shipping will be less then $10. I send care packages over to the troops all the time and use these boxes. They really make it affordable to send over some good stuff. :laughing:

That's crazy! I also tried to mail some things over seas (Sweden) in those flat rate boxes and was told it'd cost me over $50 to ship?? Am I doing something wrong? That package was exactly 4 oz shy of 4 lbs (which was the magic weight according to my postmaster...).

Maybe I'd better check with someone from another location as I keep getting the runaround here at my P.O.

That's crazy! I also tried to mail some things over seas (Sweden) in those flat rate boxes and was told it'd cost me over $50 to ship?? Am I doing something wrong? That package was exactly 4 oz shy of 4 lbs (which was the magic weight according to my postmaster...).

Maybe I'd better check with someone from another location as I keep getting the runaround here at my P.O.

Hmm.. according to their site

"-Can be used for Domestic Priority Mail ($8.95) and International Priority Mail ($23 to Canada and Mexico- $37 to all other countries, 20 lb weight limit applies)"

Maybe it's considered domestic mail since it does go to the military postal system here in the US and then it ships overseas within the military. Basically the postal service is only getting it to the military here and not having to get it overseas. My boxes always cost under 10 when going to the military.

It shouldn't be too bad if Tsun uses a flat rate box. You can pack it full and make it as heavy as you want and still shipping will be less then $10. I send care packages over to the troops all the time and use these boxes. They really make it affordable to send over some good stuff. :o

E-mail on it's way for a donation! :D

The key to the lower rate is the package is going to US Troops and therefore would be a FPO/APO or something like that address. That keeps it at the domestic - rather - than International Rate.

Using the USPS calculator (which is quite accurate), a 3#12oz pacacke from my zip (04474) to Sweden would cost $37.00 at the post office or $35.15 for postage purchased on line for a small flat rate box - the large box would be $49.95 at the post office.

There are 2 flat rate box sizes and the rates are different. Hope this helps.

I just shipped a small Geocoin to Germany for less than $1.00 First Class mail. Sure not looking forward to the Postal Rate increase. :laughing:

Edited by hollora

Tsun (or anyone else),

If you need help with the S&H, PLEASE let me know. I can PayPal you!!

James

Hey now...sit back and watch the fun my friend. This is out of your hands and into some very caring souls' hands now, I'm sure we can figure out how to send this puppy. :laughing::o

Not sure how the rest feel (but I can guess), but MY feeling is that you and all over there are already doing more than your share! (where the heck is my saluting emoticon when I need it)!

Tsun (or anyone else),

If you need help with the S&H, PLEASE let me know. I can PayPal you!!

James

You stay out of this, Mr. Finney :laughing: It's a thank you gift for you and your fellow soldiers who are protecting us while we sit here and babble about coins in safety . . . :o

P.S. Thanks for all you do

Agreed!

It shouldn't be too bad if Tsun uses a flat rate box. You can pack it full and make it as heavy as you want and still shipping will be less then $10. I send care packages over to the troops all the time and use these boxes. They really make it affordable to send over some good stuff. :o

E-mail on it's way for a donation! :D

The key to the lower rate is the package is going to US Troops and therefore would be a FPO/APO or something like that address. That keeps it at the domestic - rather - than International Rate.

Using the USPS calculator (which is quite accurate), a 3#12oz pacacke from my zip (04474) to Sweden would cost $37.00 at the post office or $35.15 for postage purchased on line for a small flat rate box - the large box would be $49.95 at the post office.

There are 2 flat rate box sizes and the rates are different. Hope this helps.

I just shipped a small Geocoin to Germany for less than $1.00 First Class mail. Sure not looking forward to the Postal Rate increase. :laughing:

THANKS for the info on this Dolfy...I was just going to mention that I thought I remembered something about lowered rates to our overseas troops!!

I have this little bitty package that really needs to head over to my friend in Sweden...will check on prices again today! Last time, I was told $14...then I got to the post office and was slaped in the face again (this time it was a bit cheaper than the $50 sticker shock, but still more than I could afford)!

Email sent! :laughing:

The newer larger Priority Mail flat rate boxes should be available this week, and if you are lucky you can find the ones that are intended for military destinations (they have some info here about prices / sizes / and the "America Supports You" branding)

Even better, there is a $2 discount for shipping to an APO/FPO address! :o

Ok, I woke up to a ton of emails and I will work through all of them today in between classes :laughing: Thanks so much for the generosity.

The sooner you can ship your coins to me the better since the event has changed to the 2nd week in April. I'll send stuff out in 2 groups if need be.

No worries on shipping costs, I'm going to flirt with the postman :o That works everytime (right pgh :D ).

Ok, off to answer your emails, thanks again everyone!

tsun

Wow....your generosity never ceases to amaze me!! Truly amazing.

I am in Iraq with ATC06 and others getting this event set up for next month. He told me to check out the forums because he was soliticing donations for this upcoming 'outing' and I wasn't expecting the outpouring to be happening so fast! :laughing:

I have solicited donations before for a CITO event in Hawaii and we had over 150 people in attendance.....with all of the donations we received from you all and the coin companies, we were able to give nearly every single person a coin.....not every family, but every single person who showed up!

My faith has been restored in the generosity of others and I will support each and every event I can with a coin, because what goes around, comes around and I will make sure I hold up my end of the deal.

Thank you all and we will keep in contact!

V/R,

Dan

Team_DDNight

Camp Cropper, Iraq

Ohhhhh just saw this Tsun..... and I will send one to you as well

I LOVE IT!!!!!

I just found out about that flat rate box thing recently and love it, makes things easier to send stuff over to the troops, so I will be using that now myself!!!! I think it's soooo cool you guys are having an event over there in Iraq, we'll be w/you in spirit and Im so glad we can send some cheer from 'home' to y'all.

Tsun.... this is great you are doing this...

I'll pick out something and write a card tonite!

~S :laughing: