Anyone interested in helping me?

tsunrisebey

I wanted to give an update of the boxes that have arrived on this end. So far I have received boxes from:

Falcon Loader

NEONCACHER

The Caching Place

CoinsandPins.com

Thanks again for the support!!!

Hey James,

Our box to you was sent out this week.. coins, drink stuff and the tix we talked about... Enjoy!

~J

I wanted to give an update of the boxes that have arrived on this end. So far I have received boxes from:

Falcon Loader

NEONCACHER

The Caching Place

CoinsandPins.com

Hey James,

Our box to you was sent out this week.. coins, drink stuff and the tix we talked about... Enjoy!

~J

I will keep a sharp eye out!! Once it is down and safe, I will let you know!!! :unsure:

Blue Fridays.

Very soon, you will see a great many people wearing blue every Friday. The reason?

Americans who support our troops used to be called the 'silent majority'

We are no longer silent, and are voicing our love for God, country and home in record breaking numbers. We are not organized, boisterous or overbearing.

Many Americans, like you, me and all our friends, simply want to recognize that the vast majority of

America supports our troops. Our idea of showing solidarity and support for our troops with dignity and

respect starts this Friday -- and continues each and every Friday until the troops all come home, sending a

deafening message that ... every red-blooded American who supports our men and women afar, will wear

something blue. By word of mouth, press, TV -- let's make the United States on every Friday a sea of blue much like a homecoming football game in the bleachers. If every one of us who loves this country will share this with acquaintances, coworkers, friends, and family, it will not be long before the USA is covered in BLUE and it will let our troops know the once 'silent' majority is on their side more than ever, certainly more than the media lets on.

The first thing a soldier says when asked 'What can we do to make things better for you?' is ..'We need

your support and your prayers.' Let's get the word out and lead with class and dignity, by example, and wear something blue every Friday.

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

And the support keeps pouring in.....

WOW....I am really grateful to have found out about geocaching 2 years ago and I am continually amazed at the support all of you have shown these past two years. I have not been very active in the threads (obviously by the number of posts I have 'under my belt', but I cannot express the feelings I have towards this great sport of ours and the individuals who participate in it.

Geocaching is a world-wide society of people who belong to a sub-culture all its own and if you do not know about geocaching, you will never know how friendly and generous geocachers are. I have made friends from all over the world because of geocaching and all it takes is an email to a geocacher to 'link up' while on vacation, around town, or deployed to Iraq. It doesn't matter if I've known the people for years or if I have just met them, geocachers are the greatest group of people I have ever met.

Hopefully I can meet each and every one of you in the future in person and thank you personally. I am sure our event will be the best one in Iraq to date, because of all of you.

Thank you again and we will make sure we take plenty of pictures for you all to see.

Talk to you all soon and very happy caching to you all!!!

V/R,

Dan

Team_DDNight

Camp Cropper, Iraq

I consider you all (James, Dan, Jerry & and the rest of you over there) very good friends of mine!!! If I can do anything else for ANY of you, DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK!!! I will do thy bidding :huh: !!! So, in short, if ya need something, just say so!!! Take Care & Be Safe, Ryan (neoncacher)

B)B):D Package from Laytonville Post went out today headed for Iraq!!! :D:D:D

Included was several geocoins for gift and several others for traveling the war zone caches! I also included 2 CRP's (Cache Ready to Place) as prizes and several Challenge coins for prizes and swag! In the cache was various ammenities such as a Raku ceramic rattle B) hackey sack ;) and all sorts of fun stuff for the troops to find! and someone gets a 3 BigD stamped penny set including my RE, LE and XLE :D - I know...who the heck wants 3 of BigD's stupid pennies??? Whoever it is will be the 2nd ever to own an XLE B)B):anibad: - I did toss another in one of the caches too B)

Hope they make in time for the event! B)

Hello Dave!

What is the difference between the RE, LE XLE in your signature penny? Any photos? :D

I have a RE, right?

My RE is of course the Wheatback, which is the US penny prior to the Lincoln Memorial, it was first minted back in 1909 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of lincons birth. It was also the first circulating coin to feature a real person rather than Lady Liberty.

The Wheatback was used up to 1958 when it was replaced by the Lincoln memorial on the back which you see now on all US pennies (My first 399 pennies are the current pennies)

My LE Penny is a 1943 Steel war penny that was minted in steel rather than copper...Copper was of vital importance to America’s war effort in World War II, Bullets and shells were made of copper and used in battlefields around the world. This is the first and only steel coin in U.S. history, and it was made only in 1943.

In 1944-1946 the coins were made with copper from recycled shell cases that were gathered up from World War II battleships and battlefields and shipped back to the U.S. Mint.

My XLE is a Indian Head penny and was used prior to the Wheatback dating from 1859-1909. I have used dates prior to 1900 for several of my XLE's including 1-10.

Thanks for the interest and yes you have one of my RE pennies...Maybe a recycled shell casing~Check the date! B)

:D I also forgot to mention that I stamped 10 pennies 490-499 that were from 1946 for the caches I sent, so they are in fact recycled shell casings from battleships and the battlefields of WWII B) ...Just thought id mention that! B)

Falcon Loader

NEONCACHER

The Caching Place

CoinsandPins.com

USA45

Geocoin Design

THE BIGGEST GEOCOIN PACKAGE.......EVER!!!!

Geoswag

Groundspeak.com

Falcon Loader

NEONCACHER

The Caching Place

CoinsandPins.com

USA45

Geocoin Design

Geoswag

Groundspeak.com

57Chevy

Falcon Loader

NEONCACHER

The Caching Place

CoinsandPins.com

USA45

Geocoin Design

Geoswag

Groundspeak.com

57Chevy

THE SECOND BIGGEST GEOCOIN PACKAGE.......EVER!!!

We are only about 85 hours away from the biggest Event in Iraq. From my last calculation, we have received over 270 coins and TONS o' caching related items (swag, containers...) in donations.

This is going to be huge!! We are expected dusty conditions and a high around 98 degrees. I think is will be hotter, because it got to 105 desgrees today!!!

Thanks again to each and everyone who took the time to send thier well-wishes, cards, coins and other goodies our way. I would also like to thank those combat cachers on this end who have helped put all the logistical pieces together.

For those wonderful folks who sent their terrific donations to tsun, they have all gotten here. It is utterly amazing the way that this community has pulled together and selflessly sent some really awesome coins and swag. This is going to be an Event that is going to talked about in Iraq for a long time. Thanks again to all of you who helped make this a great time!!

James

ps.

We also got thew package from Crowsfeat30 today to. It seems thatr my mail room was holding it ransome!

Falcon Loader

NEONCACHER

The Caching Place

CoinsandPins.com

USA45

Geocoin Design

Geoswag

Groundspeak.com

57Chevy

Crowsfeat30

The Geocoin Store

Thanks again to all of those who have donated!!!

Falcon Loader

NEONCACHER

The Caching Place

CoinsandPins.com

USA45

Geocoin Design

Geoswag

Groundspeak.com

57Chevy

Crowsfeat30

The Geocoin Store

Thanks again to all of those who have donated!!!

I was fortunate enough to attend the Forward Members M&G Event today and I just want to say that I was overwhelmed with the donations that covered the picnic table. Talk about an awesome sight. I personally want to thank everyone that participated with donations. This has definitely been one of the best events I've been able to attend and it sure makes being over here that much easier to deal with. Thanks again for your support.

Thank you all for your awesome support. The event was successful and was ran superbly.....ATC06, H2Nut, abnduo&spawn, and I worked hard to make this a great event and I think everyone appreciated it after talking to them upon event closing. ATC06 ran the majority of the show and he is an oustanding person and a great friend. Same with H2Nut and abnduo&spawn....these two provided some great support for the event and most of the logistical work behind the scenes. Me? Well, I did what I could....I hope I did enough!

Side note....

A week ago, we put all the donations in envelopes and had them individually 'wrapped'. We (the coordinators) put numbers on the envelopes (1 - 246) and had them ready. When some more coins came in at the last minute, ATC06 put those new additions in envelopes and numbered them starting from 250.

With the whole lot, we kept track of the numbers and the donators, but we had two lists on the 19th. We told everyone to hold on to the numbers they received during the raffle so I could put out a list of who donated (with the corresponding numbers). In a few days, I will be sending the new list to the attendees via email.

During the event and prior to the raffle, we highly encouraged the attendees to send a thank you note to the donors of the coins they received, but I personally will be sending out thank yous to EACH AND EVERY donator over the course of the next week or two. We had a lot of donators so it might take me that long! LOL!

Again, thank you to all who donated!! Thank you to ATC06, H2Nut, abnduo&spawn....you guys put on a great event! Thank you, Steph for going extremely above and beyond!!! James talks about how much you have done and I want to personally thank you for all you do and continue to do for geocachers and the military!!!

I hope we took enough pics, but we are still waiting on a few more to post to the event page......

V/R,

Dan

Team_DDNight

Camp Cropper, Iraq

WOW!! WOW!! I'm sorry it taken me a few days to post back in here. I'm not sure what else I can say that hasn’t already been said.

I want to say "Thank You" to all of the wonderful companies and individuals that took the time to write letter, to send coins, container, and all the other great swag. There are no words that can be said to describe the way we felt to see all of the outpouring and well wishes. Tsun did an outstanding job rallying the home front and organizing the HUGE shipments of donations over here. By looking a little deeper, you will see that she has taken it on herself to help out others at the drop of a hat. Steph, EVERYONE over here cannot express the gratitude we feel for you.

The cachers here that spent what little free time off to help organize this really stepped up. We started getting together each weekend for about the last month and a half to go over the logistics of this Event. TEAM_DDNight (Dan), abnduo&spawn (Mark) and H2Nut (Ken) were the folks here doing the heavy lifting to make things happen here. But I'm still not convinced that they are tired of hearing about my "hammock"!!!

I want to also say "Thank You" to all the folks who attended. I know there we some of you that moved appointments, traveled far, and contended with IEDs.

This was the best Event I have ever attended and I was fortunate enough to have had a small part to play in making it happen. Thanks again to all!!!!

WOW!! WOW!! I'm sorry it taken me a few days to post back in here. I'm not sure what else I can say that hasn’t already been said.

I want to say "Thank You" to all of the wonderful companies and individuals that took the time to write letter, to send coins, container, and all the other great swag. There are no words that can be said to describe the way we felt to see all of the outpouring and well wishes. Tsun did an outstanding job rallying the home front and organizing the HUGE shipments of donations over here. By looking a little deeper, you will see that she has taken it on herself to help out others at the drop of a hat. Steph, EVERYONE over here cannot express the gratitude we feel for you.

The cachers here that spent what little free time off to help organize this really stepped up. We started getting together each weekend for about the last month and a half to go over the logistics of this Event. TEAM_DDNight (Dan), abnduo&spawn (Mark) and H2Nut (Ken) were the folks here doing the heavy lifting to make things happen here. But I'm still not convinced that they are tired of hearing about my "hammock"!!!

I want to also say "Thank You" to all the folks who attended. I know there we some of you that moved appointments, traveled far, and contended with IEDs.

This was the best Event I have ever attended and I was fortunate enough to have had a small part to play in making it happen. Thanks again to all!!!!

I got a chance to look at the pics and wow did you have some coinage! I'm glad you all had such a great time. Thanks again to everyone who sent coins to me to be sent over to the event. From what I hear there were some very happy campers and alot of trading that went on. For the most part, we've got a pretty neat community that is able to pull together to make things happen. Nice work coiners!

tsun

Received a terrifice email from Baghdad, Iraq yesterday thanking me for one of the coins that I sent along to Stephany to send over with all the others. What can I say but wow, do I feel humbled to be thanked from a soldier on deployment for just something as simple as a geocoin.

Keep safe and hope your back home soon to the Colorado Mountains kjklock

:):unsure::) I've heard the sound of thunder in the far off distance. :D:D

The thundering herd finally arrived in Montana a couple of weeks ago. Some of you have noticed a

'Soldier Tatanka' waiting for you in your mailbox. They are roaming in small herds and expect to reach their new homes over the next few weeks as I get them ready :D If you sent me a donation for this event, you will be getting one.

This has been in the planning for awhile but I had to raise some funds in order to buy them, sorry it took longer than I had hoped. Every once in awhile it's nice to do something special and because so many of you gave so freely or your coins, I wanted to be able to do something nice in return. I talked with ATC06 about this and he was aware of what I wanted to do and wanted to be a part of this. He will be getting some coins also to do with as he pleases (just waiting for him to be get internet access so I can get them sent to him). While not a fancy coin by any means, it's the coin that means the most to me. It will be the only Tatanka with glitter on it. If you don't know what the coin means, here is the link I created when I first came out with my little fellow :D

My only request is that you not sell these on ebay, if you don't want it (or any Tatanka) please give it away in the name of friendship or leave it in a cache for someone else to enjoy. Thanks!

Again, thank you so much for donating coins! I know the guys who went to the event really enjoyed everything we all sent. Without all of you and your graciousness, the event wouldn't have been half the fun!

Sincerely,

tsun

Tatanka Pejula Info: http://tsunrisebey.googlepages.com/tatankapejulageocoin

Soldiertatanka003.JPG

Tsun, just read the forumns, OMG that Tatanka you are gifting all of us with for donating to the troops, the buffalo looks so beautiful, we wish we wouldnt of even read this, it would of been a total suprise to have received this in the mail. We are far more excited now and cant wait to see this beauty. Thank You So So Much and for all your generiousity as well.

Barry and Val/sweetlife

awww I love my new little buffalo that you sent me also!! I have a stampede with all the different colors running thru my office :rolleyes: Thank you so much for your generosity tsun!! <_<

I also received a nice email awhile back from my receipient thanking me. He is also doing an event himself right now to help his military friends so i'm going to send off a few things to him for his event. That is neat that they geocache in Iraq and it helps them get thru the hard times. Who woulda thought when geocaching first came out....how many people it would affect for the better.

Tsun....thanks again for being a sweetie....me and my buffalo thank you!!

Tsun,

What a kind thing for you to do. I did not expect anything but the memory of smiles from our troops when I sent off my package. Haven't received mine yet either, but it will remain a treasured part of my collection.

I'm with Sweetlife, almost wish that I had not read this thread, so that it would have been a complete surprise.

Very nice. It was very fun to know that I could play a concrete part in sending some smiles to those folks I value so very much.

Thanks, anne

I was contacted with the request to send another package but it came when I was really having a hard go and I can no longer find it...did anyone else get one? Is it too late to help again?

WOW, TSUN! I just saw the post about the gift coins, CONGRATS to all that received them. Hoping to get to see one in person if someone brings one to the GCF! Well done my friend.

I was contacted with the request to send another package but it came when I was really having a hard go and I can no longer find it...did anyone else get one? Is it too late to help again?

WOW, TSUN! I just saw the post about the gift coins, CONGRATS to all that received them. Hoping to get to see one in person if someone brings one to the GCF! Well done my friend.

Roddy, Thanks for bringing this up, we dont recall ever getting a red white and blue Tanka for being a part of the coin donations for the troops.

Roddy, Thanks for bringing this up, we dont recall ever getting a red white and blue Tanka for being a part of the coin donations for the troops.

I have not received mine yet either, but I think that Stephanie wrote that she would be sending them out in batches as she finds some spare time. She has probably been very busy with coin designs and getting ready for GCF. ~Karen