Anyone interested in helping me?

tsunrisebey

Just back from the P.O., they have the new boxes in and there were event the "troop" boxes!! I FINALLY got a decent price for a package to Sweden too ;-)

That's awesome Rod!!

Hey ATC06! When the event is over we wanna see pics!! :laughing:

Dolfy and all of the ret of the wonderful folks who are sending things,

I will definitely take TONS of pictures to show how this Event turns out!!!

James

Back from the post office and my coins are on the way to you Tsun! Thanks for pulling this together.

ATC06 (haha its funny calling you that) sit back, relax and enjoy the generosity of those of us here in the states (and else where) that want to be able to give back even just a little bit in appreciation for all that you are doing for us here at home.

Honestly, its truly amazing to see EVERYONE getting involved. This just goes to show that geocaching (and the geocoin addiction) is truly a world wide hobby that brings us all together as one big family no matter where you call home! (wiping away a tear now.. I luv you guys!!)

:laughing:

Edited by n8turgrl

Cache Maine, sponsor of the Maine Pirate Quest with me, emailed and wanted in too! :o She knows I have a stash. Went to my boxes and picked out a few for her to "shop" from, emailed her the photos and let her choose her donation. I aready knew just the right coin for me to send.

So, package was packed with both coins and our cards and popped in the mail. iraqenvelop.gif

You all stay safe over there and Cache Maine and I both are hoping for you to have a little fun with your event. You will always have some friends here in Maine! :D Hope you may visit when you get home.

Steph - thanks for your help on this project too! :laughing:

I am still AMAZED at all the support and donations!! This is going to be the BEST Event in Iraq EVER!!!!!

James

Yes, you are going to be in coin and well wishes heaven, I can not even begin to tell you the amount of people who have written to send you all something for your event. I'm so excited and I'm not even going to be there, lol.

While there are a few of you giving me credit and I thank you for the consideration, this has nothing to do with me, I just asked for help and YOU all stepped forward and for that I sincerely thank you for making this a giant success.

tsun :laughing:

I am still AMAZED at all the support and donations!! This is going to be the BEST Event in Iraq EVER!!!!!

James

James,

I can't wait to see the pics from the event. my caching partner angryEMT had a bug over in Iraq for a while and we watched it move, fascinated with where it went, we spied on your events and prayed for all of you. I can't tell you how horrible (scared) I felt when it went missing. I am glad to be able to do something nice like this for all of you.

Tell everyone out there that we haven't forgotten them!!!

Sonya :)

Okay, this is kinda backwards, but Tsun, I'm in! The coin is already on it's way in the package from Hollora....nothing like shopping her coin collection via email and picture! She takes good care of me when I have to be at work!

ATC06...we are going to start planning now for your visit to New England! We can't wait!

We will be watching and waiting for pictures of your event...I looked for a link on the geocaching event calendar, but didn't see it... Has the event been published yet?

Edited by Cache Maine

I looked for a link on the geocaching event calendar, but didn't see it... Has the event been published yet?

Cache Maine,

ATC06 and I will be meeting this Friday to put together the event page. This came up all of a sudden and we wanted to get things rolling so potential attendees would have time to put it on their schedules in order to get the time off.

I started the event page, but have not submitted it yet. After ATC06 and I meet on Friday, it will be submitted to the reviewers for approval. I will then post the link here for you all to view.

V/R,

Dan

Team_DDNight

Camp Cropper, Iraq

E-mail sent. Glad to help out. And since our friend Team_DDNight posted here, guess our Desert Camo coin will get to go to the event too. :) We very selfishly sent that coin to travel with Team_DDNight while he is deployed. Whenever he logs it into a cache or it gets discovered we know all is well over there.

jrr

Yes, your coin will be in attendance! I have posted pics of a few adventures, but they are on the cache page. I will post them to your coin as well so they will be listed there when someone views your coin's page. I will get to that in a few days.....(Fridays are my days off!).

Thank you for your continued support and there will be a lot of discoveries on your coin and I hope to be not too busy during the event so I can take a lot of pictures for y'all.

Missin' the Geohana....

Dan

Team_DDNight

Camp Cropper, Iraq

Now this ia a true Coalition of Forces!!! We can't wait to share the pictures with all of you!!!

James

I sure hope our package gets from Victoria BC to Montana in time to be included!

We sent 3 Canadian Forces geocoins from Chris' personal stock... reserved for special donations :) .

Stephanie- I would like to help you out with the Shipping if possible! The Hourly rate on a C-130 Hercules has got to be UNBELIEVABLE!!! (especially with the price of gas right now)

What's the Status of your Paypal Account??

Edited by Sunrayers

Stephanie- I would like to help you out with the Shipping if possible! The Hourly rate on a C-130 Hercules has got to be UNBELIEVABLE!!! (especially with the price of gas right now)

What's the Status of your Paypal Account??

No Money needed.... seriously, I have flat rate boxes. It's going to be heavy but it will still be the same price no matter how much is packed in. The largest box if shipped to an APO is $10.95, so see, no worries :)

Thanks kindly for the offer ;)

To make this a bit easier on me, I'm just going to post the names here as I receive packages so you know that your stuff arrived. I'll either post your caching id or just your first name/state, so you can rest easy knowing your package made it :)

Thanks all and if anyone else is interested, please drop me an email by tonight, I'm going to stop taking names tonight to ensure I receive and send off everything in time to make it to Camp Victory :D

:) tsun

4 coins are leaving Indy today. Went ahead and shipped them priority mail to make sure they get there as quickly as possible.

Everyone I have talked to about this collection being done, even muggles that have heard me talk about caching, think it is amazing how this community pulls together and does things like this. I just keep telling everyone how amazing the community is and how geocaching is one of the friendliest and most family oriented hobbies around. I think they are starting to understand finally.

I wrote down the tracking numbers of each coin before I shipped them out. I can't wait to watch them when/if they get activated and start travelling!

Hey James: Nice talking to you yesterday in our chat room! Glad everything is cool there for the time being. As discussed, Geocoin Design will be sending you out a "Big box 'o stuff" - in fact, Paula as a list of things written down here that we will be sending you (probably will go out tomorrow).

As always, keep the faith and we'll talk shop a bit more privately. Don't worry about the raffle... we got ya covered there too! Oh.. and thanks for the link on the event page.. I appreciate it! Take care, and if you happen to see my daughter while you are over there.. give her a hug for me!

~J

Hey James: Nice talking to you yesterday in our chat room! Glad everything is cool there for the time being. As discussed, Geocoin Design will be sending you out a "Big box 'o stuff" - in fact, Paula as a list of things written down here that we will be sending you (probably will go out tomorrow).

As always, keep the faith and we'll talk shop a bit more privately. Don't worry about the raffle... we got ya covered there too! Oh.. and thanks for the link on the event page.. I appreciate it! Take care, and if you happen to see my daughter while you are over there.. give her a hug for me!

~J

Please feel free to join the rest of the group/community if you'd like. It would save you a couple bucks on shipping. Drop me a note and I'll send ya my addy if you want to join us in a mass send off ;)

Steph - I'm putting a few coins & glow patches in the mail for you to send off with all the other great donations. I sure love being part of this wonderful group of geocoin folks. You all never cease to amaze me with your kindness & generosity ;) I can't wait to read about all the great coins our friends over in Iraq receive.

James & Dan - please take lots & lots of pictures! I can't wait to read all about your event. Please be safe over there & know that all of us our thinking of you :)

Cache Maine,

ATC06 and I will be meeting this Friday to put together the event page. This came up all of a sudden and we wanted to get things rolling so potential attendees would have time to put it on their schedules in order to get the time off.

I started the event page, but have not submitted it yet. After ATC06 and I meet on Friday, it will be submitted to the reviewers for approval. I will then post the link here for you all to view.

V/R,

Dan

Team_DDNight

Camp Cropper, Iraq

Great! Can't wait!

I just sent you a couple coins Steph.

How much longer before you ship the package??

I sent it today, sorry your coins were left out :) Settle down, let some coins get here, lol. I'll probably get a package sent out next Friday, that's plenty of time for the Pony Express to get the coins here ;) If need be, there will be a second box sent out too. :)