Geocaching tablet PC

Hello all,

I'm kicking around the idea of buying a smaller travel laptop both for personal reasons but also to use during some geocaching trips. I'm looking at the HP TX 1410us and the newer TX 2000 series tablet/laptops because they are small, light and since the screen rotates 180 degrees and then lays flat they seem perfect to use in a car while traveling.

I'm interested in using GSAK, Mapsource and Garmin's N'Route. Does anyone have any experience with either of these tablets being used with these programs? During use I'd like to have the screen folder flat in the tablet mode then be able to select caches using N'Route.

I'm sure I'll think of more questions soon but thought I'd ask these now.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello all,

I'm kicking around the idea of buying a smaller travel laptop both for personal reasons but also to use during some geocaching trips. I'm looking at the HP TX 1410us and the newer TX 2000 series tablet/laptops because they are small, light and since the screen rotates 180 degrees and then lays flat they seem perfect to use in a car while traveling.

I'm interested in using GSAK, Mapsource and Garmin's N'Route. Does anyone have any experience with either of these tablets being used with these programs? During use I'd like to have the screen folder flat in the tablet mode then be able to select caches using N'Route.

I'm sure I'll think of more questions soon but thought I'd ask these now.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Also take a look at the Fujitsu P1610 or the new P1620.

Great little units with the added bonus of already available Ram mounts.