sort of a newby question

novw.nl

Hi there ! I am located in the Netherlands, and I have a (fairly) simple question.

When I do a search on "almere" I receive 12 caches in the area.

When I have a look around my home on the map (or with coordinates) I find (at least) 135 caches.

Is there no rule that the location NAME should be in the cache description ? I mean, if I am on the road, and know the placename I am, I can never find any caches ? (mobile internet)

question #1: as simple as that, no

question #2: why not, as long as you have the coordinates. and you should have the

coordinates travelling with a gpsr

not asked for: the string search is done only in the cache's title and not in the description too

greeting from vienna, the plank

Edited by theplank

Next question :drama::anicute:

I have found a cache with a geocoin that wants to stay in Holland ( http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...42-dd13d8ce5a5c ). I am going on vacation tomorrow for a few days. Is is acceptable to keep this coin offline (in my hands / house) for that time, or should I absolutely, deffinately certainly replace the trackable within a certain time after finding it ?

I think it's acceptable to hold on to it until after you return.

Next question :rolleyes::)

I have found a cache with a geocoin that wants to stay in Holland ( http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...42-dd13d8ce5a5c ). I am going on vacation tomorrow for a few days. Is is acceptable to keep this coin offline (in my hands / house) for that time, or should I absolutely, deffinately certainly replace the trackable within a certain time after finding it ?