Megellan Crossover and geocaching

Sorry to ask this, but I'm very new to this and wanted to get the best out of it but it would appear that I cannot download the geocaching waypoints to my magellan. I keep getting a window saying they are only valid with garmin GPS units.

Is it possible to get geocaching info to my magellan and how, please?

Spec

Yes it is possible. Are you a premium member at geocaching.com? If so do a pocket query and you will get a .gpx file with all the caches you requested. Then use the Magellan tools (should have gotten this disk with the GPS) to import them as enhanced POI's. THen you can route to them. There are other ways as well, that's just the way I did it my first time. (3 days ago). You could also use a program called GSAK. Read this thread it has alot of good info in it.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=185182

Also if you do a search with the word crossover in it you will get quite a few good threads. Make sure you update your firmware to the latest from the magellan website.

Edited by sanramonhunter

Yes it is possible. Are you a premium member at geocaching.com? If so do a pocket query and you will get a .gpx file with all the caches you requested. Then use the Magellan tools (should have gotten this disk with the GPS) to import them as enhanced POI's. THen you can route to them. There are other ways as well, that's just the way I did it my first time. (3 days ago). You could also use a program called GSAK. Read this thread it has alot of good info in it.

Also if you do a search with the word crossover in it you will get quite a few good threads. Make sure you update your firmware to the latest from the magellan website.

Many thanks, I'm on to it now.

We are trying this with our crossover, only problem is the POI's come up listed by GC# only, not the cache name.

Anyone know an easy way to change to name other than editing the name of each file??

We are trying this with our crossover, only problem is the POI's come up listed by GC# only, not the cache name.

Anyone know an easy way to change to name other than editing the name of each file??

Try GSAK you can have the file output pretty much however you want. I don't know what options you'll need to select but maybe start a new thread if you can't figure it out.