What are the chances?

Of course one of the Numbers Crunchers will come back soon and actually tell you what the chances are. .

3720 to 1.......... Oh no wait, that's the chances of succesfully navigating and asteroid field, nevermind LOL

Wouldn't that depend on how many asteroids are in the field?

Move along. Nothing to see here . . .

Of course one of the Numbers Crunchers will come back soon and actually tell you what the chances are. The chances could be vastly improved if one were watching the events at the site, and waited until just the right moment to submit a cache. But anyway around, it's a longshot.

Right now, the odds are exactly 100%.

Edited by Team Black-Cat

A few months ago I placed a cache next to a monument that commemorates a Revolutionary War encampment.

Take a look at the random GC # that was assigned to the cache. Pretty cool!

That is amazing! :P

The only cache-number-coincidence I experienced with one of my caches was a Puzzle cache I created.

Now, when it comes to figuring out Puzzles, I am hopeless. ;) I just can't do it. :P Around here, the most brilliant "Puzzle Person" was TucsonThompsen, or TT for short, a guy whose brilliance and creativity I envy. My Puzzle Cache was GCTTNV . . . <_<:)

Edited by Miragee

That's very cool. I wonder how many other appropriate combos are out there. I'm surprised no one hasn't already linked to GCGEEK. It's an old honeychile puzzle cache that required some investigative learning about keys and locks. It also (unintentionally I think) references a well know (in these parts) lab coat wearing gentleman. :)

That's Cool!

This one is the coolest though, Check out this one : - MoHo's Wedding

Surprised he hasnt rang in here yet ;)

That's because GCM0H0 wasn't pure chance. We made a huge effort to time the cache submission just right to get it, and actually failed and missed it by a few caches. Luckily, we were able to "swap" cache pages with the person who did get it. Basically we adopted his GCM0H0 cache and he adopted ours.

The fact that Brian's was just sheer luck is very cool. I assume he hid the cache first and just got really lucky with the GC#.

I've seen a few caches with really cool sounding GC#s and the cache was just a plain jane geocache. I always wondered why the owners who lucked out on the cool GC#s didn't play it up.

Edited by Mopar

That's Cool!

This one is the coolest though, Check out this one : - MoHo's Wedding

Surprised he hasnt rang in here yet :)

That's because GCM0H0 wasn't pure chance. We made a huge effort to time the cache submission just right to get it, and actually failed and missed it by a few caches. Luckily, we were able to "swap" cache pages with the person who did get it. Basically we adopted his GCM0H0 cache and he adopted ours.

The fact that Brian's was just sheer luck is very cool. I assume he hid the cache first and just got really lucky with the GC#.

I've seen a few caches with really cool sounding GC#s and the cache was just a plain jane geocache. I always wondered why the owners who lucked out on the cool GC#s didn't play it up.

That's a cool story Mopar! ;)

GC9KEY was never published. :)

I did one by an electrical engineer relating to computer number counting.

He is a degreed electrical engineer (Double E) as know in the trade.

here is cache page GC18XEE

He in now way planned it but liked it when i pointed it out. He was hoping he could do relate it to binary but double E works.

ive found one that has a GCID of 10PYN, the cache is called Pine Tree Cache. theres more than 10 pines where this micros hidden

Too bad it wasn't somehow bowling-related. :anitongue:

dude, you read my mind when i was posting that. the cache is in a park, nowhere near a bowling alley, and im in a league as well