Is it OK to use 'Signal' images in a Wherigo cart

Delta68

I think we need an official opinion from Groundspeak on this one. I tried researching the use of Groundspeak IP. I was actually looking for the Wherigo logo (to use on the Wherigo builder wiki), not Signal the Frog, but... The only thing I could find was here:

http://www.Wherigo.com/about/termsofuse.aspx

and here

http://www.geocaching.com/about/logousage.aspx

These make it appear that the only thing Groundspeak licenses for more or less unrestricted non-commerical use is the Geocaching.com logo. I'm probably more paranoid than necessary <_< because I work for a software company, but I'd at least ask Groundspeak before publishing anything.

Sorry to muddy the waters.

Tom

Is it OK to use 'Signal' images taken from gc.com and the sample in a Wherigo cartridge?

Thanks

I'll ask Bryan for the official statement, but as long as you aren't claiming that your cartridge was created by Groundspeak and you don't sell the cartridge or assert ownership of the image it should be ok.

Is it OK to use 'Signal' images taken from gc.com and the sample in a Wherigo cartridge?

Thanks

I'll ask Bryan for the official statement, but as long as you aren't claiming that your cartridge was created by Groundspeak and you don't sell the cartridge or assert ownership of the image it should be ok.

If the images of Signal and the Wherigo logo are (1) used in unmodified form, and (2) are presented in a positive way, and (3) the cartridge includes proper Trademark attribution (see below) , then Groundspeak will permit their non-commercial use in Wherigo cartridges.

The attribution language to use is as follows: "Signal the Frog and the Wherigo logo are Trademarks of Groundspeak Inc. Used with Permission. All Rights Reserved."

For commercial use of the Wherigo logo or Signal the Frog images, please contact Groundspeak for permission. You can start by emailing me through my profile.

Groundspeak reserves the right to remove any images of Signal the Frog or any other Groundspeak trademark, logo, design, etc., that it deems to be inappropriate, in Groundspeak's sole discretion.

Edited by MissJenn