CITO Earth Day and Scouting

Not specifically for any Earth Day activities, but I invited local Cub Scout packs to my first 2 CITO events. We had a nice turn-out of caches and cubs and even turned a few people on to geocaching in the process.

Because CITO events don't involve much "geocaching", it's very easy to combine outside groups with the activity.

last year we had earth day cito at Moraine State Park. set up different areas for geocachers and scouts (both boy/girl scouts). worked out well. the cachers were in a disconnected area that needed more attention then the main park area. the scouts did the 'lighter' clean up and played games, learned about trash from pa cleanways interactive boards. event went over well. also had scouts at a regular cito in a local park and they enjoyed learning about geocaching from the cachers that were there. most scout groups need to do so many community service projects, so inviting them is usually a good thing! some things to keep in mind-adult/child ratio, permission slips, liability, etc.

Has anyone ever tried combining Scouting Earth Day clean-up projects with Geocaching CITO?

Thanks for your comments. There is a Scouting Earth Day Cleanup coming up on a public trail rich with caches. Both the Scouting Cleanup and a Geocache CITO serve the same good purpose, but I could see both pros and cons in attempting to combine the two in one event. I'll be there as a Scout but may see if I can get any interest in having a few of the Scouts and Scouters stay around after for some caching.