Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Fluxuated

Echolink, why don't we use it?

Any HAMs want a QSO via Echolink? Seems like there's lots of us here, and what better way to get together and chat about Geocaching, than via Echolink.

Anyone want to try it out? :laughing:

There used to be a Geocaching net on Echolink Node 243320. Haven't heard it in a while.

Edited by Pigshanks

There used to be a Geocaching net on Echolink Node 243320. Haven't heard it in a while.

I'd definitely be interested if it were to start back up again.

Echolink sounds like a good idea because not all hams are Generals or above and then you have the issues of people hearing each other on HF. I know this is an old thread but maybe this can get started.

Echolink sounds like a good idea because not all hams are Generals or above and then you have the issues of people hearing each other on HF. I know this is an old thread but maybe this can get started.

Im my area of SoCal there was alot of mixed feeling about EchoLink I helped to maintain a local node with a good friend KG6HMN. There were many folks that just would not try it because it wasent useing your radio for QSO in there minds, after about 1 year with very min use we shut it down. The only reason we left it up so long was a older ham in a retierment home that could not setup an antenna was useing it as a kinda remote base. When he went silent key we shut it down

I would love there to be a geocaching node on Echolink....I only have my tech license, but what do you expect for a 17 year old :)