Download waypoints to GPS

HopsMaltYeast

What is the best way to export or download a set of data to a Garmin GPS?

I would like to download a group (sub-set) of GeoCaches all at once to my GPSr.

I must be suffering a brain fart or brain freeze. I can't even find a thread on this.

Specifics -

Recently bought a Garmin Legend HCx - USB cable.

I have GSAK and can sort and download a subset of GeoCaches to a Palm PDA with few problems.

I would like to download the same sub-set of GeoCache coordinates to my Garmin Legend HCx.

So far I have only been able to download GeoCache data to my Gramin one GeoCache at at time - from the GeoCache page of each GeoCache.

I have not been able to export even a single GeoCache set of data from GSAK. It asks if the device is connected to Com 1 or Com 3 - but it is connected to a USB port. For both of those selections it fails and reports an error.

Do I have to down load the GeoCache info to my GPSr one cache at the time?

Thanks in advance.

Hops

In GSAK, if you don't have the Send To GPS icon on your toolbar, go to "GPS" /Send Waypoints. On that dialogue box is a button for GPS Setup. Make sure the box is checked for USB.

Now, do a filter for the distance to get under 900 caches, if you have a lot in your database as I do, and then send all those to your GPS.

Here is a rudimentary tutorial.

After doing that, I also send all the waypoints in my GSAK database to the GPS unit as "Custom POIs" using Garmin's POI Loader. For that, you Export a .gpx file. I use different "smart name" codes for those to get more information in the description, including the hint. :o

In GSAK, if you don't have the Send To GPS icon on your toolbar, go to "GPS" /Send Waypoints. On that dialogue box is a button for GPS Setup. Make sure the box is checked for USB.

Now, do a filter for the distance to get under 900 caches, if you have a lot in your database as I do, and then send all those to your GPS.

Here is a rudimentary tutorial.

After doing that, I also send all the waypoints in my GSAK database to the GPS unit as "Custom POIs" using Garmin's POI Loader. For that, you Export a .gpx file. I use different "smart name" codes for those to get more information in the description, including the hint. :o

Man, you are magic.

I missed that box - it looks so backwards to me.

Thank you, Thank you. That was so magic.

I am as dumb as a sack of rocks.

Thanks.

Hops