Wherigo

Batona

According to Groundspeak, they'll come to the area to demonstrate Wherigo if there is enough interest locally. There was recently an event in Chicago to do just that.

Whether playing Wherigo is something you pondered or not, an event like this would be a lot of fun: lots of cachers, an opportunity to network with Groundspeak, a chance to play Wherigo, etc.

They ask that we let them know our interest using Eventful.com. While I browsed the requests, I was surprised none had been made for the Philadelphia area. With so many geocaching groups in the area, I would think we could easily "demand" (Eventful's language) enough interest.

Philadelphia seems like a logical choice: big market, easy to get to, large audience to draw from.

If you are interested in having this event locally, you can make the request ("demand") here:

Philadelphia Wherigo Event page

You'll get no Wherigo support from us...we don't have the money to buy the necessary equipment, and we don't have the desire to download cartirdges (whatever they may be), and we really just want to go find caches, not flourish virtual swords, or transport theoretical "tools" as the case may be. Wherigo is a Whereiwon'tgo for us!

I requested that folks ask Groundspeak to come east to demonstrate a game locally at an event. That, apparently, is not of much interest around here.

I am not particularly interested in having this thread derailed by those who desire to take potshots at the game and post off topic. Therefore, I will further request this thread be closed.

Thanks all.

Some perspective: the very first flip-open cell phone, the Motorola Star-TAC, was invented in 1996 (only 12 years ago), and Nokia didn't produce their first one until 2004; now they seem to be everywhere. I bet you'll be able to both cache and Wherigo on your phone inside a decade.