TB not logged in the cache?

KvPhoto

I picked up a travel bug yesterday but it's logged in at another cache, not the one i got it from. What should I do? Log it now or wait until it's logged in at the right cache?

Also, is it ok to move a bug/coin along in a new cache you are placing?

Thanks

~Kristina

I picked up a travel bug yesterday but it's logged in at another cache, not the one i got it from. What should I do? Log it now or wait until it's logged in at the right cache?

Also, is it ok to move a bug/coin along in a new cache you are placing?

Thanks

~Kristina

Someone may have picked it up from one and moved it to the other over the weekend and haven't logged there finds yet. I'd give them a day or two encase they are caching out of there area. As far as putting the bug in one of your own caches, I do it. The newer the cache the more chances of the bug getting moved faster. That's just my thoughts. Hope that helped you. :D

It seems that they are vacationing here from overseas. I'd like to place it in one I am planning on publishing this week. Should I grab it from them or wait?

If they're not going to be able to log it for some time then another option is to just grab it, log it into the cache where you found it (to give it credit for its miles) and then electronically 'retrieve' it again.

It seems that they are vacationing here from overseas. I'd like to place it in one I am planning on publishing this week. Should I grab it from them or wait?

If they're not going to be able to log it for some time then another option is to just grab it, log it into the cache where you found it (to give it credit for its miles) and then electronically 'retrieve' it again.

Sure, but then when they get home from vacation, if they grab it back and drop it into the cache where they put it, then the OP has to retrieve it again and then delete his first grab. :)

I found this out the hard way too. The first time I was trigger happy, the owner of the TB contacted me and asked me to delete my find until the drop was logged. Then soon after that, while on a short vacation, I dropped off a TB and before I could log it (a few days later - I was sans computer at the time) the next person grabbed it from me and I felt sort of sad that I couldn't log my drop properly. I've found it's just best to wait a little bit. And patience is not my strong suit. <_<

FWIW, if it's been a while since the bug has shown action, I'd probably also try to email the owner just to let them know you have it and are waiting to log it.

Maybe that's going overboard in some folks' eyes, but as a TB owner, I'd like to know where it actually is more than where it virtually is. :rolleyes:

Last summer, I collected a bunch of travel bugs and geocoins for the ultimate geocaching roadtrip. Imagine that your travel bug had a chance to visit Groundspeak Headquarters, the Original Stash Tribute cache, and the Washington Project APE cache.

So I checked all these trackables in and out of those famous caches, finally dropping them for good at the APE cache before catching a plane back across the country the next day. Then it was time to log more than 100 cache finds and a few dozen trackable drops and retrievals.

One day after my visit, someone cleaned out the trackables from the APE cache where I had dropped them, and a day after I got home, he grabbed all the bugs out of my inventory, commenting that someone hadn't had a chance to log them yet. He then held onto these trackables for weeks, so why the rush? Despite my noting on each trackable's page that I would be taking them on an extended trip, I was deprived of the fun and satisfaction of dropping them into the third leg of the "Holy Trinity" of geocaches.

Please give people a chance to write their logs. Not everyone dashes back home to the computer immediately after depositing a bug in a cache.