Audit Log

What's an audit log?

its a feature of subscriber caches. You get to see exactly who has viewed your cache, when, and how many times! especially interesting on a newly published cache! We don't really like putting out PM only caches though, and you don't get the feature on regular caches.

Ditto here, I don't like placing subscriber only caches so have never seen the audit log but would like it.

I requested this a long time ago on the relevant forum. It got a mixed response.

See here

No response from g.com either.

Thanks FF - didn't know about that. :o

I hope you don't mind - I've started a new thread there (see here ) to try and get an answer from GC.com, without everyone waffling on about how non-PM members can log them! Lets see if everyone sticks to the point this time!!! :D

I requested this a long time ago on the relevant forum. It got a mixed response.

See here

No response from g.com either.

Thanks FF - didn't know about that. :D

I hope you don't mind - I've started a new thread there (see here ) to try and get an answer from GC.com, without everyone waffling on about how non-PM members can log them! Lets see if everyone sticks to the point this time!!! :o

No Bother. I hope you get some kind of answer this time. I have to admit I gave up as the discussion seemed to be going around in circles. :D

Now I've looked at the audit log of my recent cache I feel somewhat like a nosy neighbour adjusting the net curtains...thats the last time I peak! :o No thanks!

Bearing in mind though, the recent theft of caches on the Pennines and the problem in Essex, I think we'd all be interested!

Stu

That is another great use of the feature that I hadn't thought of! :D

Now I've looked at the audit log of my recent cache I feel somewhat like a nosy neighbour adjusting the net curtains...thats the last time I peak! :laughing: No thanks!

Bearing in mind though, the recent theft of caches on the Pennines and the problem in Essex, I think we'd all be interested!

Stu

That is another great use of the feature that I hadn't thought of! :D

Waste of time using this method to try and identify a saboteur. Anyone twisted enough to destroy a cache is smart enough not to get caught by such a simple trap. Anyone using notifications, with the cache on a Bookmark List before you look at the audit log or just using PQs won't ever show up on your audit log. You'll just get suspicious of ordinary cachers and start laying blame at the wrong door.

Waste of time using this method to try and identify a saboteur. Anyone twisted enough to destroy a cache is smart enough not to get caught by such a simple trap. Anyone using notifications, with the cache on a Bookmark List before you look at the audit log or just using PQs won't ever show up on your audit log. You'll just get suspicious of ordinary cachers and start laying blame at the wrong door.

I disagree - I don't think many saboteurs are going to have Premium membership - the ones that disappeared from the Pennines are owned by multiple people so it wasn't personal. I agree that it would have to be looked into, but I'm just saying if a trend appeared.......