garmin with a Mac

Ok I am new here so please bear with me. I will be getting either a Colorado or 76csx in the near future. I own an imac, will I be able to use it to down load software etc. I do have a pc laptop with XP but it needs a new cd drive. Any help would be great. :D

You'll be fine with your iMac. Garmin is slowly rolling out software for us. I loaded XP on a partition on my MacBook Pro so I'm covered. You should do the same in my opinion. Good luck.

Ok I am new here so please bear with me. I will be getting either a Colorado or 76csx in the near future. I own an imac, will I be able to use it to down load software etc. I do have a pc laptop with XP but it needs a new cd drive. Any help would be great. :D

You'll be fine with your iMac. Garmin is slowly rolling out software for us. I loaded XP on a partition on my MacBook Pro so I'm covered. You should do the same in my opinion. Good luck.

I just got a Colorado - the reason I went with a Garmin was because of it's compatibility with my Mac. Updating and downloading caches is a snap. Far easier than my old Magellan set up.

This recent thread discussed Mac software for geocaching from Garmin and other companies. If you buy Garmin's map software, you'll need a PC to convert the format for Macs, but then you can download it to your Garmin from the Mac. And there are plenty of programs available to upload and download caches, waypoints, benchmarks, tracks, etc.

You can also search this forum for other recent discussions of Garmins and Macs.

Patty