Any famous Geocachers out there?

wouldnt surprise me, I did a lot of coast to coast and international traveling with paintball for a long time and met many celebrities that were into that...never would have expected it with that so I'm sure they're here too!

Geocaching is a lot cheaper than paintball, and you don't get lit up as much :blink:

One of the women on the current Survivor (Tracy I think) list geocaching on her profile.

I think the drummer from a once popular rock band (was it Motley Crue?) says he's a geocacher.

One former frequent participant in these forums , JollybGoode, was a semi famous cartoonist who has

a cult following. Haven't seem him post here in a few years tho.

Many of JollyBGood's caches have been archived for lack of maintenance. :blink: Perhaps he and Will Wheaton moved over to CelebriCaching.com for privacy reasons. I am not important enough to have an account there, so perhaps BrianSnat would be kind enough to check on that for me.

Sorry, we Celebricachers are sworn to secrecy.

One of the women on the current Survivor (Tracy I think) list geocaching on her profile.

I think the drummer from a once popular rock band (was it Motley Crue?) says he's a geocacher.

One former frequent participant in these forums , JollybGoode, was a semi famous cartoonist who has

a cult following. Haven't seem him post here in a few years tho.

This has come up a lot, but I'm too lazy to do a forum search. :blink: I'm positive it was the drummer from Poison, but he only found a handful of caches, and hasn't logged in in years.

There was a rather attractive actress from California, who is not only active, but is an FTF hound. I'm sure someone will point that one out.

The Veggie tales people only found a couple of caches and haven't logged in in years either.

One that I also think of is Harrald, who was seen in several cameo appearances on the David Letterman show. He worked on the show, and you know that Dave uses some of his workers in skits on the show. One time Harrald came out for one of his bits wearing the 2003 Cache In Trash Out t-shirt. It was very cool. This isn't him, but this is the shirt I am talking about.

1311994_1000.jpg

Allright, a few hours later, and I couldn't resist doing the forum search.

Poisondrummer has found only 7 caches, all in 2005, although he is a premium member, but hasn't logged in within the last year and a half.

Smav3719 is the actress who is an active geocacher, and is most famous. That is until someone actually posts a profile for Mia Farrow, which I've never seen in done in these forums, despite persistent rumors. :D

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

wouldnt surprise me, I did a lot of coast to coast and international traveling with paintball for a long time and met many celebrities that were into that...never would have expected it with that so I'm sure they're here too!

jho135 who did you play for? I play pball as well and it's cool to see others with interests the same as mine. My team just got on with Badlands here in Canada.

According to a recent post, Chuck Norris geocaches.

When I was in Texas I stopped at a Pro Bass shop to buy some fishing gear with my freind and when I came out this guy was looking at my geocaching sticker on my Jeep. He asked if I was the owner of the jeep and low and behold, it was Chuck Norris! I was like wow, this guy is the coolest idol around. He told me he geocached every now and then, and told me about a micro hidden in the nearby walmart parking lot.

He even round house kicked a soda can out of my freinds hand!

The geocaching community is awesome.

According to a recent post, Chuck Norris geocaches.

When I was in Texas I stopped at a Pro Bass shop to buy some fishing gear with my freind and when I came out this guy was looking at my geocaching sticker on my Jeep. He asked if I was the owner of the jeep and low and behold, it was Chuck Norris! I was like wow, this guy is the coolest idol around. He told me he geocached every now and then, and told me about a micro hidden in the nearby walmart parking lot.

He even round house kicked a soda can out of my freinds hand!

The geocaching community is awesome.

When Chuck Norris goes geocaching he doesn't lift up the skirt, he just yanks the whole lamppost out of the ground.

• Upvote 1
Chuck Norris has never logged a DNF because no cache is stupid enough to try hiding from him :D !
I googled "Chuck Norris" and "geocaching." One of the results included this unattributed quote:
Chuck Norris does not hunt because the word hunting infers the probability of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing.

I don't remember the forum links but if you do a search you'll learn that Wil Wheaton (played the teen on Star Trek: The Next Generation was a geocacher.

You are thinking of GroundskeeperWillie. I understand that he is still a very active cacher but he has abandoned this profile.

That's the first time that I've heard that he's still caching but not using his profile. I really hope he is still caching, since it seemed to be a stress relief for him and great family time.

Poisondrummer has found only 7 caches, all in 2005, although he is a premium member, but hasn't logged in within the last year and a half.

Smav3719 is the actress who is an active geocacher, and is most famous. That is until someone actually posts a profile for Mia Farrow, which I've never seen in done in these forums, despite persistent rumors. :D

Oh, I didn't know who Mary Votava was. She sent me a friend request on myspace after I created an account, I assume because I'm a cacher (and she has over 5,000 friends :lol: )

I don't remember the forum links but if you do a search you'll learn that Wil Wheaton (played the teen on Star Trek: The Next Generation was a geocacher.

You are thinking of GroundskeeperWillie. I understand that he is still a very active cacher but he has abandoned this profile.

That's the first time that I've heard that he's still caching but not using his profile. I really hope he is still caching, since it seemed to be a stress relief for him and great family time.

Oh, I didn't know who Mary Votava was. She sent me a friend request on myspace after I created an account, I assume because I'm a cacher (and she has over 5,000 friends :lol: )

Friends don't let friends make friend requests on myspace.com :lol:

gee urklel..can i be your groupie ?

You don't want to be TWU's groupie. I've seen him in person, it isn't a pretty sight!

The Vladimir Lenin look-alike Gof1 is correct. There are no TWU groupies, only hata's.

Actually Team Lagonda (I thought your name sounded familiar), I'm one of your groupies. I've found one of your caches and I have it bookmarked on my favorites list. :D

You don't want to be TWU's groupie. I've seen him in person, it isn't a pretty sight!

The Vladimir Lenin look-alike Gof1 is correct. There are no TWU groupies, only hata's.

Actually Team Lagonda (I thought your name sounded familiar), I'm one of your groupies. I've found one of your caches and I have it bookmarked on my favorites list. :D

Looks like you're a day late to sign up as a Team Lagonda groupie based on his caches. Please consider becoming a BrianSnat groupie like everyone else does.

Edited by The Leprechauns

Oh, I didn't know who Mary Votava was. She sent me a friend request on myspace after I created an account, I assume because I'm a cacher (and she has over 5,000 friends :o )

I didn't notice the link to her web site until you mentioned the name. Then I see she's from Seattle, then I notice she did one of my caches for her first "5-star". Cool! Hope to see her in something soon.

I guess I should save the log book in case she gets really famous.

Edited by MarcusArelius

Looks like you're a day late to sign up as a Team Lagonda groupie based on his caches. Please consider becoming a BrianSnat groupie like everyone else does.

Oh-oh. Gee, I hope it wasn't something I said. All I did was insult Adam Ant. :D OK, Snat, I'm now your biggest fan. :o