Problem with ver# 2.70 for Venture HC

Pinon

I loaded the newest version for my new Venture HC....2.70. It seems that it screws up my trackback feature. With the GPS turned on, I drive around a large block and zig/zag in my area. When I turn on the trackback feature, some of the trackback turns are way off. I am going hiking in Arizona in a week and I don't want any problems with my Venture. Any comments ?? Also..is there any way to download a previous update such as ver# 2.50 for my Venture HC ?? I never had any problems with ver# 2.50. Thanks....

I loaded the newest version for my new Venture HC....2.70. It seems that it screws up my trackback feature. With the GPS turned on, I drive around a large block and zig/zag in my area. When I turn on the trackback feature, some of the trackback turns are way off. I am going hiking in Arizona in a week and I don't want any problems with my Venture. Any comments ?? Also..is there any way to download a previous update such as ver# 2.50 for my Venture HC ?? I never had any problems with ver# 2.50. Thanks....

You can find all the old versions archived here

http://www.gpsinformation.org/perry/etrex/venture/

Any Venture HC owners experiencing the same problems with the backtrack feature?? OR is there something I may have forgotten to do/change?? Accuracy has not been affected...just the zig zaging of my return route trying to follow my trackback. Someone please.....thanks.....

Thanks for your reply...It just seems that my Venture HC cannot follow my backtrack without the gps meandering off of the backtrak trail, especially at corners. And I do the exact same route (while driving). I also just fired up my Magellan Merigold and tried the same thing. The gps also wanders when I try to follow the backtrak feature. Maybe they are all just inaccurate with this backtack feature. O well....any comments appreciated.

I don't think the new software version had anything to do with the accuracy of the Trackback feature. I've used it while hiking (older software version, haven't been out since I updated to the new version) and the track is never exactly the same on the way back.