Does anyone use the Magellan 210?

~Mark~

Since my son Z-man of B-man got hooked we have been going caching together. No problem, except he wants to get out on his own so I picked up a 210 the other day dirt cheep. Now here is the problem. I have a Garman Etrax h and I am not sure which unit I want to keep for my own. It took me a while to figure how to put Geocache points on the 210, but once I got that figured out I like the way you can look at the descriptions right on the unit. So I guess my question would be in the field which unit performs better? I know I will be using one in one hand, and one in the other for a few days, but I was just wondering if anyone else had experience with both units.

For me the explorist 210 would be better :o

Since my son Z-man of B-man got hooked we have been going caching together. No problem, except he wants to get out on his own so I picked up a 210 the other day dirt cheep. Now here is the problem. I have a Garman Etrax h and I am not sure which unit I want to keep for my own. It took me a while to figure how to put Geocache points on the 210, but once I got that figured out I like the way you can look at the descriptions right on the unit. So I guess my question would be in the field which unit performs better? I know I will be using one in one hand, and one in the other for a few days, but I was just wondering if anyone else had experience with both units.

Technically I think the Etrex H is better when speaking of accurancy, but the 210 is indeed a handy device. Maybe you should agree with your son to change each cache day :-)

As it is your son, is it so hard to share the two device between both of you? :-)

I think he knows how to share, but I have not learned that yet :o . No, it seems that we are caching at the same time, just not in the same area. :o

It is that 17 year old thing. He would rather cache with his friends than his old man. I’ll show him though, I will beat him to all the FTF. :o

Edited by meeisenb

I love my 210, but remember that it has been discontinued. I was moving up to the Triton, but after hearing the horror stories and remembering my own tech support experiences I opted for the Garmin Colorado (so far no bugs and I love it).

Oh, I grabbed this unit for almost nothing :o . I have a Nuvii 200W, and an Etrex H, so I kind of lean towards the Garmin. I have to say; once I upgraded the firmware I am going to let Z-Man use the Etrex H. I need glasses to read :P , but not to walk in the woods :o . With the upgraded firmware, and the addition of the large font screen the unit made my mind up for me ;) . I have heard some nasty things about Magellan’s customer service :o , but for how cheap I got this one if I ruin it I think I will just replace it.