Inland Lakes Software for Garmin

Alan Ellis

I'm considering getting the Inland Lakes software for my 60CSX. I'm a bass fisherman and plan on using my GPS to mark fishing spots on various lakes.

Has anyone ever used the Inland Lakes software and what is your opinion? What kind of details do you get on the maps?

Thanks for the help.

AE

Can't help you with an opinion, but you CAN view the maps in a preview fashion on the Garmin web site. Go to www.garmin.com, click on 'Maps', then select the map from 'Mapsource Map Viewer'. After the viewer pops up, pan and zoom to your favorite lakes and look around. Looks like there are depth contours, labels for marinas, area roads, etc.

I'm considering getting the Inland Lakes software for my 60CSX. I'm a bass fisherman and plan on using my GPS to mark fishing spots on various lakes.

Has anyone ever used the Inland Lakes software and what is your opinion? What kind of details do you get on the maps?

Thanks for the help.

AE

I have been well pleased with the U.S. Inland Lakes v3. I use it with a 60CSx for navigation. It shows channel buoys, lights, markers, sailing line, depth contours similar to how contour lines are displayed on topo. I question how accruate the depth contours are though, it will show a depth contour line for ex. at 21', 14', 8', and 3' on the TN River in places. Obviously these can't be accurate at both summer and winter pool levels. It does not show stumps, or submerged tree lines.

You can look on Garmin's site at the map viewer using U.S. Inland Lakes and zoom in on areas you will be using it to see if it shows the detail you are looking for fishing. The zoomed in detail on Garmin's site for the U.S. Inland Lakes doesn't always appear, it seems they have trouble with it farily regularly, so if you can't see buoys and channel markers check back a day or so later.

Edited by eaparks